Passports - who know when I will see it now!

clm101798

We applied on 3/2, when I check the website, it says passport not found.

I have emailed them twice,the first email said, passport application NOT FOUND, second email now says, they are processing, but doesn't give dates. I'm going on a cruise April 29, my only concern was st. maarten.

But to be on the safe side, I ordered my kids BC's, which I received last week and DH is stll waiting for his.

Just to verify, we don't need a passport to enter St. Maarten ?

I read on their website that you do need one, that's why I applied for passports to begin with.

Good luck to everyone, I hope everyone gets their's before your vacations.

btw, my cousin applied last November because we were going to Paris, France and her's was denied last minute! she had to get together a bunch of documents like high school photos, transripts, old id's, they wanted her to establish a timeline! crazy!she was born ad raised in NY.

Anyway, she found this lovely lady in the South Crolina office, who rushed everything for her, went as far as giving her direct ext and she made it possible for my cousin to get her pasport(no extra charge), literally 3 days before our trip in JAN:eek: . PARIS was AWESOME! ppl not all so nice

Did you expedite? I'm just asking because I applied 3 days after you and i keep getting the "not found" message although it says to give up to 4 weeks to track online(this past monday made it 4 weeks). I am very confused. my mom applied for my sister's 2 weekss before I applied and 2 weeks ago it gave a date of 04/07/07. now it gives the "10 weeks from application date" message... i don't leave till 5/27 but still am very anxious and confused

We applied on 3/2, when I check the website, it says passport not found.

I have emailed them twice,the first email said, passport application NOT FOUND, second email now says, they are processing, but doesn't give dates. I'm going on a cruise April 29, my only concern was st. maarten.

But to be on the safe side, I ordered my kids BC's, which I received last week and DH is stll waiting for his.

Don't give up! We applied on feb. 22nd and they just showed up in the system 2 days ago! My daughter and i are going to Paris this summer with a large group of people so i was realy worried about it getting here on time, but it looks like they are working on it!:)

I applied 2/5/07 and e-mailed them with a travel date of 4/12/07. They got back to me in 48 hours and said it was mailed on 4/2/07 from N.H. and it should take 3-5 days to get it. Hopefully, I will. I am still waiting to hear by email on my mom's and niece's. They applied 2/9/07 and 2/10/07. So far I have had good luck with the email.

Did you expedite? I'm just asking because I applied 3 days after you and i keep getting the "not found" message although it says to give up to 4 weeks to track online(this past monday made it 4 weeks). I am very confused. my mom applied for my sister's 2 weekss before I applied and 2 weeks ago it gave a date of 04/07/07. now it gives the "10 weeks from application date" message... i don't leave till 5/27 but still am very anxious and confused

No, I did not expedite. The post office worker told me that I would not get my passports in time for my vacation (8weeks) and suggested I'd have them expedited. I said no and went with it anyway:rolleyes: .

So he then suggested, I order new BC's, which I did. But not thru vitalcheck.com because it's a rip off, they wanted more than it would have cost me to expedite! I went straight to state vital service and paid $15 ea.

There's a section on he passport webpage where it gives you the option to email them, go ahead and do that, the response takes about 2-3 days.

I'm not to worried because I'm going to PR, St thomas and St Maarten (the only one I was concerned about)

Hopefully I will get them, it's just easier to use a passport.

i applied for two passports (dw,dd) on the 24 of january it took three weeks for them to cash the checks then it took two more weeks to get into system then it said expect delivery on 25 march then i waited until the 25th of march went to web site now says system over load prosscessing as soon as possible could take between 10 and 12 weeks good thing i sent them in now we leave in january of 2008 hope we get them before then(ha,ha,ha,) so all in all it takes 5 weeks just for them to cash your check and put them into the system then you get to wait until the postman delivers them!!! with no time frame and if you call them they will tell you you should have not waited to get your passport, i say i did not wait we do not leave until the 19th of january think you will have them done before then or did i wait to long for this trip too! she gets mad at me and says i can not help you sir and hangs up.

I mailed my renewal form with my passport to the Passport National Center in Philadephia on 2/3/07. I received my new passport today, 4/7/07.

Nine weeks exactly.

I don't cruise until August, but didn't want to have to worry about it getting to me on time. Now I have it and know I'm good to go.

well just to let you guys know how they are running now... I applied Feb 26 and it just showed up in the system TODAY. No expected mail date but hey its a step. We sail on May12. Im going to wait till closer to the end of the month and we may have to expedite them... From what I have been reading its FREE if you are traveling in the next 2 weeks :D

My husband and I applied Feb. 28 and everytime I checked the site to track them nothing showed. I looked yesterday morning and they have been sent. We should get them on or around 4/14. About 6 1/2 weeks. Did not expedite either. Maybe they're catching up?!

well just to let you guys know how they are running now... I applied Feb 26 and it just showed up in the system TODAY. No expected mail date but hey its a step. We sail on May12. Im going to wait till closer to the end of the month and we may have to expedite them... From what I have been reading its FREE if you are traveling in the next 2 weeks :D

Contacted the passport office this morning as we leave 12 days and we applied February 9th. Our passports were expedited by the passport office at no charge to us. Also, they will not even talk with you anymore unless your travel date is under 14 days. That is the first question they ask.

I renewed mine with a name change on 2/2/07 and also applied for a new one for our infant daughter the same day and both arrived on Friday, 4/6, exactly 9 weeks. The lady at the local processing office said they were taking 6 weeks (which could have given me false hope if I wasn't smarter than that) but I knew that was wrong from all the news stories.

I applied for my son's on Jan. 30th...have not received it yet. The check was cashed a long time ago. We leave on June 9th. I know I still have a little bit of time but I am getting worried. I should have expedited it...I listened to the postmaster...AGH!!! How come some people get theirs so quickly without expediting? :confused:

Hey Sunlover

I understand your frustrations. I applied 2/9 and it wasn't until last Tuesday (4/3) that I started showing up on the web site. At that time it said, they were processing and it would be up to 10 weeks from the date I applied before I would receive them.

Then I checked Saturday and it said "You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/08/2007". Received them today by Fed Ex.

The thing is I didn't pay for overnight. Last time I called, the person I spoke w/said the person I spoke w/prior to him entered in the comments for Seattle to look for my application and expidate it.

My sister is still waiting to get hers and she applied about 2 weeks before me. As she said, the squeaky wheel really does get greased.

Good luck

I applied for my son's on Jan. 30th...have not received it yet. The check was cashed a long time ago. We leave on June 9th. I know I still have a little bit of time but I am getting worried. I should have expedited it...I listened to the postmaster...AGH!!! How come some people get theirs so quickly without expediting? :confused:

Think it may be the processing center yours is sent too. Our check was cashed in the beginning of March. Keep you posted as I think you will be safe.

OK...I called the passport agency and they told me that a passport is not needed for "cruising" into the caribbean only if flying. That law goes into effect on Jan. 1st 2008. But it would make it alot easier if we had my son's also. Supposedly they tell me not to worry...it will be here.

Does any one know what the application locatar number is for? Me and my bf applied on 2/28 and mine is giving me a application locatar number but not my bf. if any one knows please help me! thanks Kirby!

I would like to know what this means as well?

Archived