Okay, I am having a Tote-Bag dilemma!!!

I am trying to bring as few bags as possible, but my biggest dilemma is my carry-all (everyday), bag. I am packing a small black purse for dinner and formal night so thats not a problem, but I always find myself taking too many tote bags, I just need one, however, I want to carry everything together ie; camera, wallet, etc. How many of you carry more than one bag when your in port? or do you just have a small waist sack for money, camera etc, or do you also carry that with a beach bag??? I'm afraid if I carry a large tote, I will get tired of carrying it, but at the same time, if the bag is too small:eek: :eek: I also need room for shopping!:eek: :eek:

I know this probably seems silly to ask, but this one of my biggest issues when traveling, too many totes/pocketbooks, as if I need all of them!!!

Thanks for a tips.

In terms of bags, we typically take:

1 purse for formal nights

1 purse for ports (medium size messenger bag - hands free)

1 med tote (platic) to take to pool/beach for ipod, books, suntan lotion, etc.

I typically take some type of tote or other bag for all my carry on stuff for flight.

My hubby also takes a backpack as his carry on. We take it with us on port days to carry snorkel equipment, towels and purchases.

I know it seems like a lot of bags but they don't take up much space and they make my trip more enjoyable.

Nike makes a nice lighweight drawstring backpack. Costs about $10. Got mine at Lady Foot Locker. Have also seen them at Kohl's.

1768084_s.jpg

I like this bag! I could actually use it as a lingerie bag too! I like to keep my underwear/lingerie in a separate bag. I see many of these in clothing stores

I have a trusty, old nylon bag that I've used for years and years. Its big, but very lightweight and when we're not using it, it rolls up into practically nothing. Its a duffle bag style. The DH slings it over his shoulder when we're in port. It usually has our snorkeling gear, suntun lotion, beach towels (from the ship), a disposable underwater camera in a separate plastic bag, and a couple of big ziplock baggies for wet stuff. We also throw in a couple of water bottles and sometimes a change of clothes. The DH has several bathing trunks that have waterproof pouches attached to them. The pouch fits into the bathing trunk's pocket. He keeps his and my credit cards, cash, IDs, etc. in the pouch. I got the swim trunks with the pouches for him at TJMaxx. They're really cool looking trunks! I usually carry a straw tote. In it I'll have a small plastic makeup bag. I put a lip balm w/spf that we both can use, a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a small widetooth comb, and small mirror in it. I also throw in a small travel size packet of Tylenol and a small package of Tums (cause ya never know). If we buy anything while shopping (we like to collect those little souvinier pins from the places we travel too), it usually goes in my tote bag. We never take anything of value in our bags!!!! :D We use the same bags at every port unless we don't go to the beach or snorkling. Then I just carry my straw tote and add a disposable camera to it. The DH keeps the money, IDs, etc. in his front pocket of whatever shorts he is wearing. I use the straw tote as a carry on bag and take a small evening bag for nights. When we leave to go home all the dirty clothes go into the nylon bag that we used as a beach bag.:D Those three bags are all I take. The straw tote matches all my daywear stuff and the evening bag matches all my evening stuff. The nylon bag! Who cares what it matches, the DH carrys it! LOL

I took a large mesh bag I bought at TJ Maxx for shore excursions. I put our straw hats in it for the flight and then it held everything we needed for shore excursions.

Barb

TJ Maxx is the best to find that special tote bag.

Extra luggage too if needed. LOVE MY TJ MAXX!

I have three bags I usually take travelling. A small, hobo style black Coach that is dressy but can also be used for every day wear. A waist pouch for times when I just need some cash, or even my cell. Mine is Gucci, but there are some cute & stylish non-brand name ones that are a lot more flattering than the traditional fanny pack! I also carry a tote bag for the beach - you really only need one of these, but since they're flat they are easy to pack!

I use a tote bag for going to the pool but when in port I found some cheap mesh back packs at walmart the fold up really small when not in use. They hold 2 beach towels + books, sunglasses, lotion etc. Works great for going to the beach and doing a little shopping in port. Another plus is they are easy for the kids to help out and carry too.;)

Okay, tomorrow I will be shopping for essentials, and hopefully I will find a small lingerie bag for underwear/bras, etc. and I think I am going to purchase one of those small tote bags they sell in footlocker. We shall see! Thank for all the suggetions guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I noticed in my RCCL documents there were pages listing travel accessories for sale. I like the RCCL tote bag and the fanny pack, although its pricey, but then its the cruiseline. Has anyone purchased either of them??? The tote bag looks very roomy as does the fannypack!

P.S. I just noticed the shoulder bag as well, I like that better than the tote bag and the price is right. Has anyone purchased this??? Should I wait until I get on the ship, and maybe get it cheaper??

I have numerous tote bags that I have used in the past, but my favorite is now a backpack that I purchased at Babies R Us. It is actually a diaper bag/backpack. I got the idea after seeing my neice with one after the birth of her first baby. It is very light weight nylon and has a number of pouches and accessories that come in very handy. There are two insulated areas that are supposed to be for baby bottles, I use them to keep our water bottles cold. There is a small case that clips on the outside for my cell phone and an even smaller clip on case that holds my chapstick and hand sanitizer (supposed to be for a babies pacifer). There are numerous other pockets and it even came with its own makeup pouch. I love this thing!

I have the tote bag. I really like it. It is the perfect size to take to the pool with my book, sunglasses, my husband's stuff, etc. It has a mesh bottle holder for my water, and a cell phone pocket. I use it at home to tote my stuff to and from work, and I love being reminded of my cruise when I'm stuck at work!

Archived