Please help with excurision in Grand Cayman

girlznme

Thanks for your help everyone. You are right, to be safe I should take the ship sponsored tour. However, I am always looking for the most "bang for my buck".:)

The time change issue is confusing. Moby Dick has a tour at 9:30 and assures me that he will have us back on time. Captain Marvin has the 8:30. Will the ship most likely leave at 2:00 pm sharp?

THANK YOU Cuizer2, you just saved me a phone call. I am booked with Marvins on May the 9th myself..and since I don't have to be there until 9:15, that must mean if ship time doesn't change, I don't have to actually be there until 10:15. Which means we'll be done by 2pm ship time and still have time to grab a drink! I think this actually works out BETTER for me..more time to snorkel before checking in.:p

So if you ship leaves at 5pm (there time) when do you have to catch the last tender?

THANK YOU Cuizer2, you just saved me a phone call. I am booked with Marvins on May the 9th myself..and since I don't have to be there until 9:15, that must mean if ship time doesn't change, I don't have to actually be there until 10:15. Which means we'll be done by 2pm ship time and still have time to grab a drink! I think this actually works out BETTER for me..more time to snorkel before checking in.:p

So if you ship leaves at 5pm (there time) when do you have to catch the last tender?

Usually the last tender is 30 minutes prior to the time the ship leaves. This is always based on ship time. However, the Carnival Capers will have the time of the last tender posted.

Shouldn't this depend on what time of year the OP is cruising? For example, we are sailing out of Miami in December, so I believe we ARE on the same time as Grand Cayman.

Guys, you're making this way to complicated. If the OP is taking a Carnival tour, then there isn't any worry about time. If the OP is planning his own tour, all he has to do is tell the operator of the tour and keep his watch on ships time. Don't get all screwed up with EST, CST and/or DST.

Guys, you're making this way to complicated. If the OP is taking a Carnival tour, then there isn't any worry about time. If the OP is planning his own tour, all he has to do is tell the operator of the tour and keep his watch on ships time. Don't get all screwed up with EST, CST and/or DST.

The problem is that with independent tours, the tour operators post local times on their web sites. So one has to know what time local time is on the ship. If it is the same, fine. If not, then one needs to do the conversion.

That is why I asked Ruth at Captain Marvin's, so I would know what time to get there. I made sure there is enough time to get back.

Archived