Ncl Crown - Worst Cruise Ever!

smartcruising

I Have Been On 10+ Cruises, So From Experiance I Can Say, Stay Away From The Crown And Most Likely Ncl All Together. This Is The Second Ncl Cruise I Have Taken And Though Both Were Bad, This Was The Worst. With The Exception Of My Cabin Stewart And A Few Bartenders, The Workser On The Ship Were Rude, Unhappy And Unfriendly. Freestyle Cruising Is Code For Over An Hour Waite For Your Food!! The Quality Of Food Was Similar To Summer Camp. They Recycle Food From The Buffet Lunch To The Dinner Table? I Could Go On For Ever But I Dont Want To Bore You, Just Stay Away From Ncl , It's Not Worth It No Matter How Cheap It Is, I Won The Final Bingo Jackpot Of $2,200.00 And I Still Have To Complain.

When the ship was Crown Odyssey for the now defunct Royal Cruise Line, she was considered a 5-star + ship. We sailed on her twice, and she was in wonderful condition with a great crew.

I was pretty sure that she had been downgraded, when they pulled out the movie theater and indoor pool to add cabins, etc.

NCL strikes again!

Michael

[quote name='karfest']There is another review of this same cruise by "Lou". Lou also won $2200. playing bingo. Lou enjoyed the cruise. Try following their various posts and you will also be confused.[/QUOTE]No kidding.

smartcrusing, your dad (Lou) said that everyone in the group of 18, which I assume included you, enjoyed the cruise. Maybe you should compare notes. And maybe the rest of us should take your post with a few grains of salt.:rolleyes:

I was on the Crown 2 weeks ago and although I have only been on 3 previous cruises unlike your 10, I found the "workers" to be friendly and very accomodating! The pool area was our only complaint and we never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated. The Hostess, Oana, knew we wanted to eat alone and she always had the table ready and I saw she did that with evryone ahead and behind us. The waiters were very pleasant and we tipped above the mandatory tip and they were shocked by the gestyre and were very humble people. I think Lou was on a different ship than us

Okay- Let me get this one straight. "Lou" is "smartcruisers" dad. So maybe only one person won the big jackpot.

They Have Very Similar Writing Style.

Such different reviews from the same family on the same cruise. It proves that we should not treat these reviews as the Bible!

[quote name='karfest']There is another review of this same cruise by "Lou". Lou also won $2200. playing bingo. Lou enjoyed the cruise. Try following their various posts and you will also be confused.[/QUOTE]
"LOU" also won the talent contest :D

smartcruising.... do you sing and dance too?

the part of these posts that trash NCL and warn everyone to "STAY AWAY!" make me laugh. ive been on over 10 NCL cruises, never had a bad one or bad service or customer service problems or bad food or anything these people are "warning" me about.
maybe i'm lucky, maybe they're malcontents but whatever they say isnt going to stop me! im booked on the Sun again which i loved last dec., and will be booking the Sea for one of her farewell cruises in april. and after recently cruising with Celebrity i have made up my mind that NCL is the style of cruising that suits me best. it's where i started and God willing, it's where i'll end! ;)

[quote name='mbisson']Heck, when it said worst cruise ever, I though they were talking about the Titanic.

-Monte[/QUOTE]
That's about what I thought. I can't understand the bashing that goes on and the reasons behind it. last week on the POA, we have reviews raving about the ship and another saying the crew is all quitting, the service sucked, the rooms were awful and then you get others who sailed the week before (again, as stated only posting a few times) jumping on the band wagon. If I were just new to the boards I would take most reviews with a grain of salt, especially by those who have just suddenly started posting.

NMNita

I have only been on two NCL cruises, and they were both below the level of what the other cruises I have been on were. The last one, our room wasn't made up till almost 10:00 P.M., our luggage didn't get there till the next morning. Lobster was inedible, (And I'm not picky about lobster, but this tasted like it had been cooked the night before, and just warmed up again. The buffet had a very limited selection, nothing near like RCCL or Princess. Seating was very limited at the buffet, Room was much smaller than on the other ships, Ship was much older, not nearly as pretty, I could go on and on. Now, would I take the same cruise again? In a heartbeat. As far as I'm concerned, it was still great. It didn't measure up to what I had in the past, but for the price, it was still a bargain. We had two friends with us, and they are hooked on cruising now despite the problems. Matter of fact, we are going to have a family reunion on board some ship next fall.

[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b]10s nut[/b]
[i]Odd that people with the LEAST amount of posts seem to be the ones who stir up trouble:D[/i]

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way.
[/QUOTE]
I'm glad to hear that you all feel that way!:D

True reviews will be complete, not a few sentences of bashing. People are funny. They can get pi$$ed off at one little thing and go on a rampant revolution to relieve they're frustration. I'm an advocate for freedom of expression, but sometimes ignoring a post will send a stronger message than flaming it.

Chuck

[quote name='Chuck & Phyllis']True reviews will be complete, not a few sentences of bashing.
Chuck[/QUOTE]
How True ! I am currently providing some help to a friend of a friend who is considering a POA cruise. I have recommended this website to her but told her to ignore the following:
1. A couple of sentences of unrelenting bashing.
2. A couple of sentences of total praise.
3. People who have not been on the POA cruise but who constantly post about it. (and I include myself in that group)
4. "Reviews" obviously cobbled together from various sources (usually from another website)
I have recommended detailed, thoughtful reviews (both negative and positive) that contain useful information.

[quote name='Zeno']How True ! I am currently providing some help to a friend of a friend who is considering a POA cruise. I have recommended this website to her but told her to ignore the following:
1. A couple of sentences of unrelenting bashing.
2. A couple of sentences of total praise.
3. People who have not been on the POA cruise but who constantly post about it. (and I include myself in that group)
4. "Reviews" obviously cobbled together from various sources (usually from another website)
I have recommended detailed, thoughtful reviews (both negative and positive) that contain useful information.[/QUOTE]

Send them on the Wind until things settle down. Just my $.02

originally posted by NewmexicoNita
[QUOTE] last week on the POA, we have reviews raving about the ship [/QUOTE]
Could you please point me in the direction of those reviews ( raving about the ship). I must have missed them and I would love to read them.

I have multiple line, multiple cruise exposure . You can not compare different size ships and management styles. Each ship has its own personality, and according to its own community areas, activies will be offered. Yes, how staff feels and their own abilities will enter into the leadership of an activity. By the same token, how a passenger feels will enter into how they react to the leadership of the activity. Each person comes away from a cruise experience with their own perspective according to what they got out of the trip. Newcomers keep this in mind and everyone enjoy your next vacation.

[quote name='shoreguy']Send them on the Wind until things settle down. Just my $.02[/QUOTE]
They only have about one week and they want to see 3 islands - so it's either POA or nothing for them. They won't be going until 2005. I think if they go with realistic expectations and have read lots of reviews - they will have a good time. But I am trying not to push them either way which is why I have recommended that they read a lot of reviews before making a final decision.

• 4 weeks later...
our group sailed "Crown" 2 weeks ago and although a small ship (which we all knew about), we found all of our staff very kind and courteous...we were also amazed how quickly tables were cleared and cleaned in the buffet area..while we all agreed we would probably not sail Crown to Bermuda again, we all had a great time and are looking forward to going on "Dawn" next year, for maybe a little different experience...

Sincerely

Helen D.

Carnival Victory (8/03)
NCL Crown (8/04)
NCL Dawn (8/05?)

Archived