Sending luggage to airport from port of Miami

denisehlg

I read somewhere that you can send your luggage straight to the airport from the port if you have a late flight. Hubby & I are thinking of doing that in May after we get off at the Valor because we have a 7:00 pm flight. Our thought is to go to South Beach maybe. Is this possible? Is there a cost? What would the taxi fare be to South Beach from the port? What about from South Beach to the airpot?

i haven't heard of this, but are you sure you'd want to do it? i don't know if i'd trust that it wld all get there, and if it did, that it wld get there tamper free. also, don't know how security wld deal w/ it. isn't there an unattended bag rule (and you wldn't be there to check-in)?

i do believe that if you do a sponsered shore excursion they will not only hold your bags, but will also bring you to the airport when it's time.

I read somewhere that you can send your luggage straight to the airport from the port if you have a late flight. Hubby & I are thinking of doing that in May after we get off at the Valor because we have a 7:00 pm flight. Our thought is to go to South Beach maybe. Is this possible? Is there a cost? What would the taxi fare be to South Beach from the port? What about from South Beach to the airpot?

I did it last yr when we came off our cruise. It was either $5 or $10 a person (I forget), not per bag and it was so simple and efficient and quick and it obviously all got on the plane as we picked up our bags in the baggage claim when we got back home. I will defn do it again. It is also conveient so that you r not carrying around alot of luggage esp if your planning on doing other things. I did not find it to be unsafe or feel that all the luggage wouldn't get to the port. They have a great system with the way they do it, like being at the actual airport checking in your baggage. I believe it's service by AA but it's also for certain other carriers to like Delta and JetBlue. You would have to see if your air carrier participates in this program. Have a nice cruise!

I did it last yr when we came off our cruise. It was either $5 or $10 a person (I forget), not per bag and it was so simple and efficient and quick and it obviously all got on the plane as we picked up our bags in the baggage claim when we got back home. I will defn do it again. It is also conveient so that you r not carrying around alot of luggage esp if your planning on doing other things. I did not find it to be unsafe or feel that all the luggage wouldn't get to the port. They have a great system with the way they do it, like being at the actual airport checking in your baggage. I believe it's service by AA but it's also for certain other carriers to like Delta and JetBlue. You would have to see if your air carrier participates in this program. Have a nice cruise!

i've never heard of this, but it's a very interesting proposition. you said itmis an air carrier service? you arranged it w/ the airline and they came and picked it up at the pier? when you finally arrived for check-in were your bags checked in or did you have to go somewher and collect them first?

I have not heard about this either-- and if its something that is offered I would consider going on a flight with the airlines that offer this service.

Iknow ROyal tried this a few years back with American Airlines for flights after 3pm. I dont know if its something they still do.

on the other hand is still Sounds scarey though too.

Ok well this was when I was on my RCC cruise last Sept. and we didn't arranged it ahead of time or anything. I never even knew about it till the day we disembarked and they were stopping people in the line asking if they would want to send there bags off to the airport. So we did it. And it was very efficient. I believe we had a 3 something flight out too. So I guess I'm not sure if Carnival does it, sorry.

Truecruiser: When we got to the airport all we had to do was check ourselves in and board the plane. The bags were already on there.

We are flying American. Do I contact them ahead of time to set this up or how does this work exactly?

I would contact AA yes, since the program is through them and set up with different carriers.

i've never heard of this, but it's a very interesting proposition. you said itmis an air carrier service? you arranged it w/ the airline and they came and picked it up at the pier? when you finally arrived for check-in were your bags checked in or did you have to go somewher and collect them first?

I have also done this and it's wonderful. We were on Celebrity and had a late in the day flight from Seattle. We were able to put our bags out at night with the all the proper tags from the airlines and the next time we saw them was when we got to baggage claim at our home airport. The charge was $15/pp and well worth it. Since we were in Seattle, it freed us up to be able to spend the day at Pike Market, etc. without schlepping our bags around. You have to be flying on AA, Delta, or United. Don't know about JetBlue. We're really hoping that option is available from Miami through Carnival as well. If it is available, we'll definately take advantage of it. It's well worth it.

We are flying American. Do I contact them ahead of time to set this up or how does this work exactly?

this was only done on Royal Caribbean and I dont think its done any longer.

Do other cruiselines offer this?

If it is available, you will get a notice in your cabin to choose to participate if you want. You fill out the paperwork, the ship then leaves the luggage tags and boarding passes for you in your cabin. You attach the luggage tags, put them out the night before disembarkation just like normal. Keep your boarding pass and you're good to go. It's that simple.

I believe this service is only available between AA and RCI. Definitaly check with AA to see if they offer it with Carnival.

I believe that NCL along with Celebrity also has this service.

If it is available, you will get a notice in your cabin to choose to participate if you want. You fill out the paperwork, the ship then leaves the luggage tags and boarding passes for you in your cabin. You attach the luggage tags, put them out the night before disembarkation just like normal. Keep your boarding pass and you're good to go. It's that simple.

Oh with us they just stopped us in line while we were disembarking the ship and then we took it from there. It would be nice if Carnival does have this for my upcoming summer cruise.

Oh with us they just stopped us in line while we were disembarking the ship and then we took it from there. It would be nice if Carnival does have this for my upcoming summer cruise.

Having it all done and taken care of the night before is so much nicer. I'm really hoping we can do that again on the Valor. Carnival may be different than Celebrity. I would feel much better knowing it is done and done correctly. Don't know how they could possibly have your boarding passes and luggage tags ready for you if you did it as you were disembarking.

How did that work?

Having it all done and taken care of the night before is so much nicer. I'm really hoping we can do that again on the Valor. Carnival may be different than Celebrity. I would feel much better knowing it is done and done correctly. Don't know how they could possibly have your boarding passes and luggage tags ready for you if you did it as you were disembarking.

How did that work?

We had to go to another line after we paid the fee and that's where they processed our boarding passes and checked our bags. It just took about 5 mins as they had workers helping u while u were in line, instead of u having to wait to get up to the counter. The whole process was so simple. And no they did not give us any info in our cabin the night b4 about it so I didn't know about it until we were on line leaving the ship.

We had to go to another line after we paid the fee and that's where they processed our boarding passes and checked our bags. It just took about 5 mins as they had workers helping u while u were in line, instead of u having to wait to get up to the counter. The whole process was so simple. And no they did not give us any info in our cabin the night b4 about it so I didn't know about it until we were on line leaving the ship.

This sounds like it was pretty painless as well. Thanks for the info Maddea :)

Archived