Question regarding non alcoholic mixes?

I will be in an Owners Suite and I am inviting my cruise critic group up for cocktails and canapes. I would like to know if I can purchase non alcoholic mixes and bring them back from port to the ship. I know some people do not drink so I want to get gingerale,Bloody Mary Mix etc. I will receive 3 litres of alcohol in my suite and I have also purchased the Bar Set up. I thought I might also purchase some wine from the ship. I know if I bring it aboard there is a corkage fee. I think it would be better to order it from the ship. Thank you in advance for your help. Happy Sailing, Joy

I was very lucky and got anupsell it is my first Owners Suite and I am excited about it. I will be on 3 cruises for this trip one in the Owners Suite 19 night ta. I will have an inside cabin for my 12 night Baltics I happen to like inside cabins too. I will have a Balcony on the Queen Mary2. I don`t think the type of cabin really matters but I am excited about it and want to share my OS with my cruise critic friends. I don`t think your comment was helpful or necessary. This board is for getting information not for negative comments. Happy Sailing, Joy

Joy, I could be wrong, but I took the' :D ' to believe the poster was only joking with you.:D And if they weren't joking, don't worry about it, I'd type it too just to type it!:p

As for your question, I don't see any reason you couldn't take the mixers on when you boarded or from the ports. I've taken juices, soda, water and such with no problem. I happen to like cranberry juice, but diet as opposed to regular and I've never had a problem. Have fun!:D

When we were in the OS, I brought Bloody Mary mix, olives, onions, watermelon martini mix, etc. Our butler brought us sodas, more Bloody Mary mix, lemons and limes, and whatever we needed. He told us that he would replace anything we ran out of. The fridge will be stocked with soda, Evian and sparking water. Our butlers were so nice and they are very helpful.

We brought all types of mixers with us on our last cruise in a mini suite, and packed them one of our suitcases. We had ordered a bar set up, and I figured I would bring the mixers in case we couldn't get them. We had to go to the 'naughty room' and show them what was in the suitcase, but it wasn't a problem since there wasn't anything alcoholic in it.

Jackie

Here is DH in the 'naughty room'....

p1010057sf9.jpg

Thank you so much Angeljt I feel better that I can bring some mixes. Thanks for the photo. I see you are from Mass. I love Filenes I need to go to Boston every once in a while to enjoy Filenes Basement. Happy Sailing, Joy

Joy,

You're welcome. Where do you live? I haven't been to Filene's Basement in a very long time. I'm not sure if they're still there since Macy's took them over last year.

We prefer Mr. & Mrs. T's Bloody Mary mix to most others, so I like to bring some with me. We did run out and they brought us another brand which was a bit thicker than we like, but it was still good. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Jackie

We just got back from 14 days on back-to-back cruises on the Pearl and we brought mixers for our in-cabin bar setup. We put them in a rolling cooler; we had 2 large bottles of margarita mix, a bottle of tonic, and some bloody mary mix, and several bottles of soda. The x-ray screener at the port looked them over to be sure there was no alcohol, and then let us go on through. We had our room steward clear out our mini-fridge and put the mixers and sodas in. It all worked out just fine.

I will be in an Owners Suite and I am inviting my cruise critic group up for cocktails and canapes. I would like to know if I can purchase non alcoholic mixes and bring them back from port to the ship. I know some people do not drink so I want to get gingerale,Bloody Mary Mix etc. I will receive 3 litres of alcohol in my suite and I have also purchased the Bar Set up. I thought I might also purchase some wine from the ship. I know if I bring it aboard there is a corkage fee. I think it would be better to order it from the ship. Thank you in advance for your help. Happy Sailing, Joy

Since you are in an OS, you can get ALL the mixers, soda, bottled water you want from the butler.

We usually get Bloody Mary mix, Pina colada mix, tomato juice, OJ, olives, lemons, etc. We bring out "magic Bullet Blender and use the fruit in the cabin to make come nice concoctions.

Just let your butler know about your get together and he'll help you plan it.

That's what the "suite " life is all about.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Jackie: We live in San Francisco. I do love Boston and love to come and visit every so often. I understand that the Filenese Basement downtown is a separate Store now and it is still in business. Thank you Stillfloatin and Baitman19 for the good information I appreciate it very much. Thank you all for helping me with this question. Happy Sailing, Joy

Jackie: We live in San Francisco. I do love Boston and love to come and visit every so often. I understand that the Filenese Basement downtown is a separate Store now and it is still in business. Thank you Stillfloatin and Baitman19 for the good information I appreciate it very much. Thank you all for helping me with this question. Happy Sailing, Joy

Ha ha... You live in San Francisco and know more about it than I do. :D

Jackie

Archived