Full slips for full formals?

Gingee

I was wondering if anyone knew where you could buy the full slips that go under some full formals? My daughter has her prom dress but I was wondering if it would look even prettier if it has a pouffy slip under it. I know bridal shops carry them but you can't return to bridal shops. I just wanted to pick one up and try it with the dress. If it doesn't look good, I want to return it.

Any ideas?

I've always wondered why woman wear slips

A slip is a woman's undergarment worn beneath a dress or skirt to help it hang smoothly and to prevent chafing of the skin from coarse fabrics such as wool. Slips are also worn for warmth, and to protect fine fabrics from perspiration.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slip_(clothing)

What are the Different Styles of Slips?

from

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-styles-of-slips.htm

I am sure they will have no problem with you bringing it into the store...for our upcoming cruise I have a dress that has a belt that detaches...I thought the belt looked cheap so I wanted to go to the store and buy my own belt to wear. Since the dress had multiple colors and the original belt was brown I needed the exact shade of brown on the belt for it all to work and tie in right so I just brought the dress with me and the sales girl helped me pick out the right size, style, and color belt. It worked out great! I am all for bringing things with you, I did the same thing when I bought my muted gold shoes for that same dress...had the dress with me to compare the colors in it with the shoes and it was a good thing I did bring it because had I not I would have bought a different pair and they wouldn't have looked right with the dress at all.

Here is a link to the dress (hope it comes through). It does have the "can can type of slip attached to it" but I was wondering if another poufy slip would make it stand out more. We have the dress but I think she likes the idea of the big poufy dresses. She had a big one last year but we can't find one this year. She is stuck on yellow. There are some really pretty expensive ones but I don't want to pay the price of a wedding gown (already did that this year).

http://www.bonton.com/bergners/ecatalog/ViewFlashCatalog.asp?CatalogID=263

That is a beautiful dress. I too would take it into the store and try it on with the slip.

I dont think I would go too poofy with the dress. I would suggest a slip with a little bit of cryniline on the bottom, but not starting at the waist. That way it will be slimming around the middle, and only flow out more towards the end, just enough to give it some body.

Archived