Carnival “Crack Down”

JStarbrite

Carnival also took the opportunity to make a no "non-alcoholic" beverage to be brought onboard rule too. I guess so the people could not drink too much soda or bottled water for liability purposes.

If we stay sheep, we will get sheared if not worse.

It's always truly amusing when people who don't understand how the commodities markets work start postulating about oil conspiracies. :D

As for Carnival's drink crackdown, though, I have no doubt that they have Spring Break in mind for two different reasons: liability and profit.

CRACKING DOWN ON WHAT ?

Hasn't anybody noticed that the recent “crack down” coincides with spring break?

Or haven't you noticed that gas prices go up just before a holiday?

Are we stupid????

Corporate America thinks so.

It's always truly amusing when people who don't understand how the commodities markets work start postulating about oil conspiracies. :D

Well said! Where are Adam Smith and Milton Friedman when you need 'em??

Well said! Where are Adam Smith and Milton Friedman when you need 'em??

Milton Freedman was the Psych Doc on MASH before his first name changed to Sidney. LOL.

The oil co's pull back on production and voila the gas prices go up. There is no mystical upsurge of driving to cause the price rise. The oil co's get greedy and the price goes up. If the price kept going up cause it cost more to produce Exxon/Mobil would not be setting a profit record every year like they are. Then they slowly flood the market back up with oil but it takes longer for the price to go down then it does for it to go up.

I've seen gas stations in my area have 3 different prices for the same regular gas in one day. I'm not buyin' it that they only raise the price upon a delivery, like they are supposed to by law here in NYS.

Can you see the price of a can of string beans changing as fast as your gallon of gas does???? They would be rekeying in prices all day long at your local supermarket!

Archived