Has anyone used camp carnival on the Conquest?

wework2play

I have looked and looked and can't find much info about camp carnival on the Conquest. Has anyone had experience with this? Here are my questions:

1. What kind of hours? Do they close at meal times?

2. Is the Conquest a good choice for taking kids?

3. While at Camp Carnival, do the kids get to go swimming, eat meals, tour the ship, etc....

4. I've heard the kids have their own formal night- T or F?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

Okay, I will try to remember our Conquest trip (June 2005). My youngest was 10 and could sign himself in and out of camp carnival. He would come and go depending on what activities were available. There were hours that it was closed and that did correspond w/eating times. They had an overnight in the camp(movies, popcorn, etc. cost extra too), scavenger hunts, sports tourneys, etc. If you children are younger than 9 then they would have to be checked in and out and their activities would be different. I do not remember them having their own formal night, but it is possible. Our son ate dinner w/us every night so that is why I don't remember that. He did like it and he had fun and met a lot of kids his own age.

Our Conquest cruise was July 2005 (we've done several since). Youngest was in the 2-5 group, middle in the 6-8 group and oldest in the 12-14 group. Hours for most of our cruises have been (On average- they vary depending on the ship's schedule) 9-12, 2-5, and 5:45-10:00. Dinners with Camp Carnival are usually available all nights except the first and last. We generally let our kids have dinner with Camp Carnival a couple of times, but had them with us in the dining room on formal nights. They do have a "coke-tail party" on the first formal night. The younger age groups spend most of their time in the Camp Carnival area, while the older groups will be in other areas - unused lounges, scavenger hunts, etc. On our Conquest cruise there were 900 kids on board, and Camp Carnival dealt well with the kids in their care.

We've been on Conquest twice with kids and I've also been impressed by the way they handled the kids. Last time, they had an all night slumber party for certain age groups and they literally played all night! It was $35 - $45 extra, I think. I've never heard of them having their own formal night. They do take the kids to a roped off section of the buffet on formal nights so parents can dine alone. The counselors get down and play with the kids-they don't just set them in front of a tv or a pile of toys. They do activities all over the ship. The only thing I don't like on Conquest is you have to take a couple of different elevators or a set of stairs to get there-it's right above the spa. Overall-I recommend it. In fact, I prefered the way my kids were treated on Conquest over Disney Magic. We are sailing on Conquest again April 8 with 5 kids and they can't wait!

Archived