Question on proper attire for certain Med ports

For which ports and which sites will we need to make sure we have pants that cover to mid knee? Are capri's for women ok as long as they are just below the knee? What do the men usually wear as it's really hot for long pants all day while touring during June. I know you also can't go sleeveless but we would be wearing a nice t-shirt. Is that acceptable? We'll be visiting Naples, Athens, Kusadasi, Rome, Florence/Pisa and Villefrance (Nice).

Thanks.

No dress code for a PORT at all...only if you plan to enter ANY HOUSE OF WORSHIP no matter what religion(if u want to call it that) anywhere in the world. This is mainly "out of respect".

Take it from there.

CIAO,

I actually found capri's more comfortable than shorts, even though it was above 110 degrees when we were in Greece and Turkey. That way, you aren't peeling your skin off of bus seats, etc., and it's easier to sit on a slab of marble or whatever else you can find to rest on for a minute if you have some fabric between you and the hot object.

For men, I've noticed many Europeans wearing capris (I don't know what you call them if men are wearing them. When I first saw it a couple of years ago, I thought it looked strange, but talk about practical!

I had wanted to wear capri's as like you mentioned I find them more comfortable. Mine come down well past my knee so I'm sure they'd be ok. Actually they're midway between my ankle and my knee so they are almost like pants. I can't picture men with capri type pants but they do sell the kind that roll up into shorts or if needed can be extended into pants so those might work.

We visited the same ports last year and I wore capris everywhere. My husband wore lightweight pants that had zip-off legs which enabled him to switch from pants to shorts and vice versa during the day. You can find them at REI stores or on their website www.rei.com (search for "convertible pants"). Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Prior to reading your post thats what we shopped for today....convertible pants. I think that's a great idea for the men. I plan on wearing capri's but they are long so I shouldn't have a problem.

I generally always wear capri's when I travel in Europe especially during the summer and I have never had a problem in any place we have gone...from dusty tourist sites to good restos in the cities.Capris,a nice top and comfy shoes will get you in anyplace.

Archived