Something simple with a couple of seniors.

kywildcatfanone

Hi all,

I enjoy reading the reviews. Something I need to figure out is that we are going to be in Costa Maya next week and there seems to be so many interesting things to do. We will be with my in-laws (73 years old each), and they aren't able to do anything strenuous, and can't walk long distances at all.

Would there be a recommendation from any of you as to what we could do in Costa Maya? Are there places where you could take a taxi ride and rent a space on the beach with covering, so we can enjoy the water and sun, and they could sit in the shade and get drinks to keep them comfortable? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

As you get off the ship there is a trolley that takes you to the Costa Maya complex. They have a nice cultural Mayan dance show a few times a day.

http://www.flickr.mud.yahoo.com/photos/fancyhorse/page29/

I know many say it is overcommercialized but some like the pier/tourist area and it is convenient. The show sounds like fun too...

you could also venture out to the little fishing village, and maybe go to Cat's Meow.....that gets raves and the lady who runs is, a Canadian, seems to like to chat...your parents could sit in the shaded part of restaurant and enjoy some food, you can get a lounger on the beach in front of the restaurant...

there are other more lively beach clubs..ie, Tequilla, Pez Quatro from what I hear but Cat's Meow sounds like a good fit for you (get to meet owners cat too LOL)

Leave the dock area. Go out past the gates and take a Taxi to the fishing village of Mahahaul. See this wonderful little town before Mexico and the cruise line ruin it. Several options to sit on the beach in shade and enjoy drinks and relaxation.

mjd

Archived