Intercontinental Miami

(I'm also going to post this in the East Coast Departures forum but this one gets quicker replies.)

For anyone who has stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami, are there any drug stores/chain stores nearby. This is the first time we are flying since they have the new airline restrictions (putting things in a plastic bags, etc.) I was wondering if there is an Eckerd, CVS, Target-type store nearby that I would be able to buy some toiletries after landing in Miami. We were not planning to rent a car from the airport but maybe that is our best bet, unless there is a store like those mentioned nearby. Thanks for your help. :D

We were just there in December. Bayside is right there but it doesn't have anything like that. I don't even remember seeing any of those on the way from the airport. But we stayed on the Freeway. I just put that stuff in checked baggage and everything was fine. Remember when flying was fun and you looked forward to it?

Sherry

(I'm also going to post this in the East Coast Departures forum but this one gets quicker replies.)

For anyone who has stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami, are there any drug stores/chain stores nearby. This is the first time we are flying since they have the new airline restrictions (putting things in a plastic bags, etc.) I was wondering if there is an Eckerd, CVS, Target-type store nearby that I would be able to buy some toiletries after landing in Miami. We were not planning to rent a car from the airport but maybe that is our best bet, unless there is a store like those mentioned nearby. Thanks for your help. :D

There is a CVS STORE,also,7 DAYS,1 block across the street,near post office

Don't bother with a car ... terrible waste of money. Check their current daily parking fee, but I believe I paid $25/day a couple years ago at the Intercontinental. And then you should tip the valet every time he brings your car up from wherever it is that they take it to. Then, of course, there is the rental fee itself.

The cab will drop you off at the entrance, and the next day a cab will take you to the pier. Much cheaper ... much more convenient.

Meanwhile, the free metrorail is just across the street if you want to go a little farther than the surrounding area. But chances are, everything you need is in the downtown area. Walgreen's (mentioned in the above post) is well-stocked and reasonably priced. And Bayside is a delightful "bayside" stroll away. Make sure you allow time to linger in the center plaza at Bayside for the afternoon or evening's live music.

The Intercontinental is a great choice ... I just wish they had balconies.

There is a Walgreen's drug store with in walking distance. Just look for the Sun Bank sign. It diagonal from the hotel, North west I think, go right when you get on the main street and then cross the street at the next intersection and go straight up the street. It is on the left hand side of the street.

I think that is how we got there.

yes just put it in your checked luggage. You will love the location of this hotel. Bubba Gumps for dinner, such fun and walking distance to Bayside. You can also walk to Starbucks in the morning and sit and watch the ships and beautiful yachts in the harbor.Also I understand the hotel will take your luggage direct to the ship for you. You made a good choice.

Just there a few weeks ago and walked to the CVS which is about a block away. Although my daughter and I had spent part of the day at Bayside, my husband was recovering from back surgery so he didn't want to walk over there. That night we asked concierge about a takeout pizza place and they had a flyer for the best take out/delivery pizza & subs ever! Brought it to the lobby for us. I know that wasn't your question and I see you're from New York (we are R.I. transplants to Wa state where good pizza / subs are nil) so it might not be much of a special treat for you---, but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone else who might be staying there soon!

By the way, the Intercontinental is very nice. We only spent one night before moving on to Miami Beach but we really enjoyed it.

Jenn

I'm glad that there are stores nearby. I actually didn't know you could pack everything in the checked luggage. But we have had a bad experience with that once before :eek: so therefore I always carried on the toiletries. We didn't want to rent a car and now I'm glad we won't have to. Thanks for all the other comments/suggestions. I can't wait until Friday!! :D

Happy Cruising. :)

I'm glad that there are stores nearby. I actually didn't know you could pack everything in the checked luggage. But we have had a bad experience with that once before :eek: so therefore I always carried on the toiletries. We didn't want to rent a car and now I'm glad we won't have to. Thanks for all the other comments/suggestions. I can't wait until Friday!! :D

Happy Cruising. :)

I usually put the liquids in large zip locks just in case something leaks. Have a great cruise!!

Archived