A Surprise.....

Hi Everyone,

I was needing a little help. I am planning a surprise 50th birthday present for my boyfriend and I am trying to pick between two ships. We will be going to Hawaii and this is our first time on NCL, the two ships are Pride of Hawaii or Pride of America. So I was wondering if anyone could offer me some insight on which ship may be better? Also I am wondering do you get a hot tub on your balcony in a owner's suite on Pride of America??? Also if you are booking a Garden Villa on the Pride of Hawaii do you get your own private hot tub area or am I misunderstanding and you share the courtyard with the rest of the suites????

One more question when is the best time to go to Hawaii???? I was looking at either March or April 2008. I was wondering what the weather was like that time of the year, because I'm from Canada and its not that hot that time of the year here.

Any comments, suggestions or answers to any of my questions I would be very grateful for. As well as any comments about the cruiseline where we have never been on NCL before. We have done 4 cruises already 2 with Carnival and 2 with Princess.

Thanks Heather:)

You can look in the ports section (Hawaii) and someone has asked a similar question. The discussion has gone somewhat astray, by it is useful.

Also be sure to do a lot of research so you understand the NCLA issues. The weather is a funny thing but there is a lot of discussion about it. There is one thread called "How cold is the water, really?" and "When is the best time to go to Hawaii?"

For 2008, the Pride of Aloha does 10 & 11 days. The Pride of Hawaii is the newest ship. I don't know much about the Pride of America. Look through this thread and fine "BeachChick's" very detailed review. It is useful regardless of which ship you choose.

Did the POH Nov 2006. We were in an AB penthouse. Great accomodations. Our Butler was great. Whatever we wanted, he made sure we had it. He rang the doorbell at least twice a day to chat and see what we needed, gave insight to the next days ports, where to go, what to see. The cabin was great, TVs in each room, separate shower overlooking the sea, and tub with the jazcuzzi.

One of the perks - breakfast in Cagneys. We took advantage of this everymorning, a nice relaxing breakfast atmosphere. Priority seating at the shows was another plus especially if you are running late for show times.

We did two organzied tours, other days we rented a car and traveled on out own.

This was a great way to see the islands.

We chose POH over the other two ships because it is the newest ship sailing to Hawaii.

Archived