Coral Breeze Versus Ecological Tours

Warm Weather Fan

I am in the final process of deciding which snorkel trip to go on in Belize. Coral Breeze seems good, as does Ecological Tours.

Coral Breeze charges $77. for their tour and Ecological is $55.

I was wondering if there are many differences in the two that justify the price difference.

Thanks so much

Warm weather fan, we are on the same cruise. I was going to book with the cruise line to do Shark Ray Alley but there was a 12 yr age requirement and my son is 11. Let me know what you decide! I'm afraid to wait and book it at the port.

Elphie, I am leaning toward Coral Breeze, as they seem to get really good reviews. How many people in your party? I know there is a minimum of 8 to do the Shark/Ray Alley. I was going to email Coral Breeze to see if anyone else has signed up. Let me know what you are thinking.

At the $83, Coral Breeze includes lunch. I just spoke with Coral Breeze and at this time, they do not have any other reservations, and if they don't have 8, the boat does not go out. He offered up the manatee/snorkel excursion, as that only takes 4 to go out. If I book with 2 people, and you have 4, it is getting pretty close to the 8, and we would have a chance to go with CB. They require a 20% deposit, which is refundable if the tour is cancelled.

Any interest? I also have an email to Ecotours to see what are their requirements. I am definitely hoping to take an outside snorkel trip, as the ones through NCL do not seem to get very good ratings.

Anybody else out there have any opinions or on the Sun wanting to go on the CB Tour?

Ugh...I was just in an awful multi car accident-not my fault. My head is splitting and I am sore-yet look at what I am doing. Addictions are tough.

Have you read bad reviews for the ecotour trip? I like their price. With 4 ships in that day, surely we will have enough. Maybe we should post something on the roll call board? Gosh, I think I'm going to go lie down. :(

Warm Weather Fan go to the roll call board and join the 4-8-07 roll call for the Sun. We have a very large group signed up. I know there are 3 in our group that plan on booking this excursion.

I have researched several companies about snorkeling excursions. Check out Island Marketing and Shore Trips also before you make your final decision just to compare what each has to offer. Let me know which company you decide on.

Longsx3, I think many of us are on the Sun, leaving 4/8.

Elphie, sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully you are feeling better.

Think I am leaning towards EcoTour, since Coral Breeze doesn't have any other reservations yet and may not go out that day, but I am still gathering data.

Anybody else decide?

Just back. I reserved with Coral Breeze (for a tour to Altun Ha). They provided plenty of information about when and where to meet and the details of the tour, and they confirmed a few days before the cruise left, as promised. When I got there I was the only person who had signed up, so they found another, similar tour for me with a guide from something like the Belize Cruise Tours Taxi Association, at the same price and using my existing deposit. So, the bad is that Coral Breeze didn't have enough reservations, and the good is that they took the effort to try to accommodate me.

Archived