?? about first day lunch onboard

Sandi149

Hi folks,

I remember on my first day on the Legend CTN, hubby and I had pizza on the Lido which was quite good and we enjoyed it very much. I didn't go looking at the buffet or other choices because I heard so much about Carnival's pizza. I am quite critical of pizza because I'm from NY and I think we have the best pizza. Ok folks, don't go flaming me here....LOL!!!! :D Anyway, will the grill be open on embarkation day because I heard so many good things about those hamburgers and I think this time, I will be in the mood for one of those. :p Btw, if it is open what else do they have at the grill besides hamburgers and hot dogs? Do they have french fries and onion rings too?

Got on the Glory at 1 ish and had the full buffet front and back full of different salads and stuff. The Wok and Deli was also open for people to get food. I know myself after traveling all morning that the food stations were open. I believe the ice cream was also on. any other questions let me know.

........I am quite critical of pizza because I'm from NY and I think we have the best pizza.......

Non e vero lol..............:D there ya go, i replied to you in Italian, let's see how good of a New Yorker you are now......:D, answer the Captain back in Italian lol :D

ya see, the Captain also is multi-lingual, NO, not just bi-lingual :D

I have to wait 8 months for those hamburgers and fries from the grill. I don't know why they are so great, but they are!

Also being from New York I have to agree that we have the best pizza and I also agree that the pizza on the Carnival ships is quite good.

Non e vero lol..............:D there ya go, i replied to you in Italian, let's see how good of a New Yorker you are now......:D, answer the Captain back in Italian lol :D

I know Pig-Latin..

Non e vero lol..............:D there ya go, i replied to you in Italian, let's see how good of a New Yorker you are now......:D, answer the Captain back in Italian lol

Ahhhh Captain. I believe Non e vero means "not real or geniune" :D Can I answer you back in Italian? No way. I'm a Jewish girl from NY....oy vey....LOL!!!!!! :D

You are too funny and I like you!!!! Why don't you come on the June 4th cruise on the Miracle out of NY with your wife. You would be a blast to cruise with!!!!

Hi folks,

I remember on my first day on the Legend CTN, hubby and I had pizza on the Lido which was quite good and we enjoyed it very much. I didn't go looking at the buffet or other choices because I heard so much about Carnival's pizza. I am quite critical of pizza because I'm from NY and I think we have the best pizza. Ok folks, don't go flaming me here....LOL!!!! :D Anyway, will the grill be open on embarkation day because I heard so many good things about those hamburgers and I think this time, I will be in the mood for one of those. :p Btw, if it is open what else do they have at the grill besides hamburgers and hot dogs? Do they have french fries and onion rings too?

The Deli should also be open and they have excellent Ruebens .

Granted not like the Stage or The Carnegie delis. And you don't have the grumpy old smart a$$ed waiter in the tuxedo jacket *LOL* But they are very good.

I am a nice Italian boy whose mom was born and raised in Brooklyn :)

Si, e vero! New Yorka pizza e fantastico!

I was born in Brooklyn - 1/2 Italian, 1/2 German, but mostly raised by Italians.

No Captain, there is a cruise out of FLL on Sept 9 that you may be interested in. hahaha. We have about 50 crazy people on the Liberty.

What was the original question? Oh, yeah buffet ... open!:D

The Deli should also be open and they have excellent Ruebens .

Granted not like the Stage or The Carnegie delis. And you don't have the grumpy old smart a$$ed waiter in the tuxedo jacket *LOL* But they are very good.

I am a nice Italian boy whose mom was born and raised in Brooklyn :)

Yes I know all about those smart a$$ed waiters in the Stage or Carnegie...LOL

What part of Brooklyn was your mom raised in? I was born in Brooklyn. Although didn't live there very long but I worked in Brooklyn and have quite a few friends in Brooklyn.

I was born in Brooklyn - 1/2 Italian, 1/2 German, but mostly raised by Italians.

No Captain, there is a cruise out of FLL on Sept 9 that you may be interested in. hahaha. We have about 50 crazy people on the Liberty.

Hey Moondawgie!!! I'm trying to get him to go on a cruise with me. :p My husband and I are crazy fun loving Nyers. Come on over to the dark side Captain!!!! :D

Yes I know all about those smart a$$ed waiters in the Stage or Carnegie...LOL

What part of Brooklyn was your mom raised in? I was born in Brooklyn. Although didn't live there very long but I worked in Brooklyn and have quite a few friends in Brooklyn.

She was born On Garfield Ave. around Our Lady Of Peace Church . Mind you this was close to 80 years ago. I know the neighborhood has changed dramatically.

My Mom moved to CT when she married my dad , although the rest of her family stayed in Brooklyn (mostly Marine Park and Bay Ridge area)

However they have all gone on to the Promised Land now.....ya know Boca Raton :)

She was born On Garfield Ave. around Our Lady Of Peace Church . Mind you this was close to 80 years ago. I know the neighborhood has changed dramatically.

My Mom moved to CT when she married my dad , although the rest of her family stayed in Brooklyn (mostly Marine Park and Bay Ridge area)

However they have all gone on to the Promised Land now.....ya know Boca Raton :)

Where is Garfield Avenue? Is that in Dyker Heights or Bensonhurst? I lived the first 2 1/2 yrs of my life in Boro Park. Although if you say the neighborhood has changed, I'm thinking Brownsville, East New York, Bed Sty???

Yup, I'm quite familiar with Bay Ridge...I used to work very close to there.

Yes, South Florida is the Promised Land for the Jews and Italians.....My in-laws are in Tamarac.

What does CTN mean?

CTN= Cruise to Nowhere. It was a 2 night cruise out of NY City that went nowhere. Just think of it as basically "sea days". We had a fabulous time and the only complaint was that it was waaaaaaaay too short. That is why my husband and I booked an 8 night cruise on the Miracle. :D

Hi folks,

I am quite critical of pizza because I'm from NY and I think we have the best pizza. Ok folks, don't go flaming me here....LOL!!!! :D

A former NY/NJ girl here and I had to LOL when I read your post, because when I ate my first piece of Carnival pizza, I turned to my husband and said "hey, this is actually really good, and growing up with NY pizza, I know good pizza when I eat it."

I had a hamburger too and didn't think it was very good in comparison to the pizza. It was too dry. The french fries are good though, and the mushrooms and onions to put on the burger. People raved about the hot dogs, but I wasn't in the mood to eat one whenever I had the opportunity.

Where is Garfield Avenue? Is that in Dyker Heights or Bensonhurst? I lived the first 2 1/2 yrs of my life in Boro Park. Although if you say the neighborhood has changed, I'm thinking Brownsville, East New York, Bed Sty???

Yup, I'm quite familiar with Bay Ridge...I used to work very close to there.

Yes, South Florida is the Promised Land for the Jews and Italians.....My in-laws are in Tamarac.

Ya know I want to say Garfield ave is in Williamsburg , but I am not sure. Its off around 3rd avenue. I was only there a few years ago when my aunt renewed her vows there for her 50th anniversary.

Not a good neighborhood even in the daytime. :(

I would call my Mom in Boca and ask her exactly where it is , but its almost 4pm I am sure they are at a restaurant just finishing dinner (Gotta love those early birds *LOL):)

Ya know I want to say Garfield ave is in Williamsburg , but I am not sure. Its off around 3rd avenue. I was only there a few years ago when my aunt renewed her vows there for her 50th anniversary.

Not a good neighborhood even in the daytime. :(

I would call my Mom in Boca and ask her exactly where it is , but its almost 4pm I am sure they are at a restaurant just finishing dinner (Gotta love those early birds *LOL):)

Yes, Williamsburgh....I know the area. Although 3rd Avenue could be Sunset Park or Park Slope. Hmmm since you say not a good area, I'm thinking most probably Sunset Park, maybe Williamsburgh, although I don't think Williamsburgh goes down to 3rd Avenue. :confused:

Ohhh I know....my inlaws eat at the early bird specials every day too!!! LOL!!! :D

Ahhhh Captain. I believe Non e vero means "not real or geniune" Can I answer you back in Italian? No way. I'm a Jewish girl from NY....oy vey....LOL!!!!!!

You are too funny and I like you!!!! Why don't you come on the June 4th cruise on the Miracle out of NY with your wife. You would be a blast to cruise with!!!!

WHAT???? A New Yorker who don't speak Italian? lol ;)

Che???? Una New New Yorker non parla Italiano? lol

Blasphemy lol :D

Unheard of lol :p

As for the Mrs, it was her xxst (hint/clue) birthday yesterday, the Captain will let ya guys in on a litle secret, the Mrs is the Captain's elder by xxx (hint/clue) years. :D

There ya go, your trivia questions for the day :p

Ah, someone who understands the Captain's lingo..........lol :D

Ciao Bella, Gruss Gott and Auf Wiedersehen.......lol :D

Happy cruising everyone :)

Yes, Williamsburgh....I know the area. Although 3rd Avenue could be Sunset Park or Park Slope. Hmmm since you say not a good area, I'm thinking most probably Sunset Park, maybe Williamsburgh, although I don't think Williamsburgh goes down to 3rd Avenue. :confused:

Ohhh I know....my inlaws eat at the early bird specials every day too!!! LOL!!! :D

I think you mean Garfield PLACE. Its in Park Slope and runs from the park to 4th Ave.

The hamburgers are good but I perfer the pizza for embarkation lunch. It seems to go better with the champagne (which up until the rule change), I had always brought on and indulged in liberally! But beware, but the pepperoni ones go fast!

Archived