Pacific Princess Holy Land cruise for Kids

whale-watcher

I would love to hear opinions from others who have taken older kids and teens on this ship (or the TP for that matter). We are seriously considering booking the Pacific Princess for a Holy Land cruise in 2008, but wonder if there will be enough to keep the kids busy on the sea days (we would be cruising in summer, so there should be other kids, and my kids usually don't spend much time in the kids's center, but do enjoy swimming, basketball, eating Pizza and cruising through the buffet at all hours...)

Our other options would be a Mediterranean cruise on the Emerald princess, but DW and I are not sure we want to sail on a Megaship (our last cruise was on the Coral, and we thought she was a perfect size for families). We really prefer the Holy Land itinerary, however, as we would love to visit Egypt and Israel.

We also are looking at Norway on the Grand, but would prefer to cruise in the Mediterranean next summer as we are taking a land-based vacation in northern Europe this year.

Thanks in advance!:)

The three small R-class ships really do not offer much in the way of children's/youngsters activities, and unless yours are capable of entertaining themselves, I think they might be bored.

With only 670 passengers (double occupancy), chances of many kids would probably be pretty slim.

Beautiful ship, the PacPrincess. Been on her, and two of her sisters, Oceania's Nautica and Regatta. I really don't think the R-class vessels are the best for kids/teens.

Definitely book on the larger ship as there will be lots of things for your children to do. Smaller ships offer little or no choices for the children.

Understandably, you and your wife may prefer smaller but your children, if you do take them, would appreciate the larger ships.

PTC

Thanks for the replies...our kids can easily entertain themselves, but they also really have enjoyed some perks of being on a larger ship, such as the sports deck and minigolf, as well as the 24hour buffet...perhaps we would be better off doing a land-based trip to Egypt.

One thing to consider is that the Holy Land itinerary has very few sea days so that the extra amenities that your kids might enjoy on a larger ship probably won't be as much of a factor (only three out of 12 days).

Depending on how old your kids are, they may have a great time on a smaller ship if there are other kids their age. Chances are that there will be others from different nationalities which could be fun and interesting for them.

Archived