Questions About Adventure Ocean And Childrens Compass

snorgg

We will be cruisin on the Freedom in 3 weeks and i was reading that the childrens adventure programs end at 10:00pm every night. Does any one know if they have extended hours on certin nights? Also, does any one have a copy of the childrens compass? If you have used the 3-5 year old program how was it? Thanks for the info.

We sailed the Freedom in February. The adventure ocean is open after 10 p.m. with a $5/hr charge. My 4yr old wouldn't go into the club, but my 10yr old loved it and stayed until midnight one night. I believe it is open until 1 a.m.

Hi snorgg,

I do have the 3-5 Aquanauts compass, but I'm missing day two. I have no clue how to scan and get them posted, but if you have specific questions on them I would be happy to answer them for you. On port days the club opens up at different times. Cozumel 6:30 a.m., Georgetown 8:30 a.m., Montego Bay 7 a.m., Labadee (at the beach) 9 a.m. and Sea days it's 9 a.m. Port days they will take kids to the Windjammer for lunch and it looks like you just have to get them by 5 p.m. Then they open again at 6:45-10. The late night is until 1 a.m. Each day has different scheduled activities in the club. Just let me know what you would like to know and I'll get back to you on it.

ILoveMyKids: Thanks for responding to me. I was wondering if the kids could stay in the aquanauts for dinner one night. We wanted to make reservations for one night at Chops for us adults. Also what did you think of the program? Thanks

Sue

For the first part of our cruise on Mariner of the Seas, our 3 3/4 yr old was not keen on the program - he wanted to spend time with mom and dad - one night when we went to take him we had an encounter with one of the staff - Simone from South Africa - she insisted that we have him calm before we bring him. Well, many kids his age calm down (he does) after his parents are out of sight - well to make a long story short, we spoke to the Adventure Ocean manager and also a Guest Relations officer and received permission to attend with him for a couple of minutes and then we left quietly - he had a great time after we did that for him.

Putting aside the minor issue we had at first with the staff, we think the programs are excellent and our 7 yr old and from the middle of the cruise on, our 3 3/4 yr old had a great time - in fact there were asking to go to kids club on the last two days of the cruise.

They will keep the kids after 10pm for $5 an hourt until the earlier of either 1am or there are no kids left.

The kids can stay in for dinner (at least on the Mariner) at Johnny Rockets - keep in mind the kids need to be independent regarding toilet activities and requirements.

Cheers

Jaosn & Susan

I'm showing Wednesday and Thursday they offered kids dining at Johhny Rockets at 5:45 p.m. You need to register by noon of that day.

As far as the program, it has been great. This was my sons 5th cruise so he has been in each age group. It gets harder and harder to keep him with us. He is 11 now so if we don't go again soon, he will be with the teens!!! My daughter is 4 and has been on 3 and we haven't been able to get her involved. We tried last year and left her crying and I think she remembered that. She didn't even want to go and see the club this time. As far as I could see, all the kids have a great time in there.

Archived