Ice Cream Anyone?

The AOS has two frozen yogurt machines in the Windjammer buffet restaurant, one side is vanilla/chocolate, the other strawberry/vanilla. There is also one out on the pool deck which was chocolate/vanilla.

There is a Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promenade that cost to have but I think there is a C&A 25% off coupon for gold or higher members.

You can request ice cream in the dining room but the flavors were pretty mundane, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. There use to be a frozen yogurt machine on the Royal Promenade also but it never was operating (cabinet was still there) for our cruise earlier this month.

Princess is much better flavor wise for ice cream and Costa was absolutly fantastic with a free ice cream/sherbert bar with great flavors (like B&G's) in buffet restaurant that lets you make your own sundaes. The free toppings included liqueurs like Tia Maria, Kahlua and Ameretta as well as the std. syrups and toppings.

robtulipe,

Could I pick your brain about the Costa Mediterranea? We are considering her for next March (in lieu of Carnival), because the prices and itinerary are pretty great. However, I have read such mixed reviews on them, I'm not sure. What did you think in comparsion to RCCL and Princess?

Costa was absolutly fantastic with a free ice cream/sherbert bar with great flavors (like B&G's) in buffet restaurant that lets you make your own sundaes. The free toppings included liqueurs like Tia Maria, Kahlua and Ameretta as well as the std. syrups and toppings.

I've never even looked into Costa, but that's a great incentive.:)

robtulipe,

Could I pick your brain about the Costa Mediterranea? We are considering her for next March (in lieu of Carnival), because the prices and itinerary are pretty great. However, I have read such mixed reviews on them, I'm not sure. What did you think in comparsion to RCCL and Princess?

I only done the one Costa cruise and the Mediterranea ship's decore is sure different (almost overdecorated with many statues, almost goddy) from any other ship I've been on. Our balcony cabin was very roomy and nice. It is a good size ship similar to the Radiance class. The food and service was comparable to Princess and RCCI in the main dining room. The buffet restaurant was one of the best I ever have seen on a cruise ship maybe because I liked that ice cream bar so much. It offered such variety of food with a great pasta section and the best pizza I've every had (I guess this is to be expected on an Italian Cruise ship). The professional entertainment was not as good. The international passport night was fun and consisted of the crew putting on different country theme shows with passenger participation. The restaurant staff entertained the guest with more singing and dancing than on other ships and the toga dress up night in the restaurant was sure different. Some passengers brought along some elaborate costumes. There were centurions, senators, caesars and cleopatras dining with us that night.There was a boccie ball competition every day plus other activities that you could win prizes (hats, t-shirts, etc,) doing and the ship had a very long and good waterslide and nice pools..

I would definately do another Costa cruise.

Archived