Is Jerk Chicken available in Old SJU

Deno1

I have wanted "real" Jerk Chicken since we were in Jamaica several years ago ....and since we do not have a trip planned back to Jamaica anytime soon - I was hoping I could find it in Old San Juan. My husband is looking forward to authentic Puerto Rican Food. Is there a place we could find both?

Thanks for your input!!

I believe the only place to get Jerk Chicken is in Jamaica....at least the "real" Jerk Chicken. It's wonderful isn't it. The last time we were in Jamaica, we bought the Jerk Chicken seasoning they were selling at the little stores inside the cruise terminals. It was wonderful. I bought a McCormack's brand here in the states and it just isn't as good as the one I bought in Jamaica.

when we were in Jamacia last year for a week the only thing I like about Jamacia was the jerk chicken. I wish I had taken some tums so I could have eaten more. We went one week after the storm so the water was choppy and blury.

• 2 months later...

Got this from Budget Traveler website:

Then there's Fatty's, also in Old San Juan. Open since April, it's the only Jamaican/West Indian restaurant on the island. Word of mouth has made it a hit. Yvette, the friendly owner, cooks delicious fried red snapper, curried chicken, jerk chicken, and conch in garlic sauce ($5 to 10). All dishes are served with rice, beans, green salad, and fried plantains. There's no air-conditioning and no sophisticated decor--just a Bob Marley picture, a Jamaican flag, great reggae music, and a little Rasta attitude. All in all, it's a place that's good for the soul.

Fatty's Calle O'Donnell 102, Old San Juan, 787/586-6925

• 4 weeks later...

Archived