Rum Point Excursion?

I have searched high and low on the Royal Caribbean site for an excursion to Rum Point in the Cayman Islands, but haven't found one. I know there are other companies that come highly recommended, but I just wanted to know- did I miss this on RC's Shore and Land excursion page, or do they really just not offer one?

We did ours through Nativeways which I'm sure you've read about. Highly recommend. I doubt RCI has an excursion there unless they added it recently. One of the nice things about Rum Point is that it's not over crowded and if the ship had an excursion there then it would be over crowded.

Went to Rum Point while on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago. This was not through the ship.

Rented a jeep and drove around the island to Rum Point. Took about 45 minutes and a nice scenic drive in between may of the small towns along the way.

You just have to remember to drive on the left!!

I rented from Avis and they pick you up at a shop near the tender area and shuttle you 5 minutes to the airport where you pick up the car. They also drive you back into town.

Rum Point is a beach that has a lot of rental water sports items, beach bar and food and just a great place to kick back and relax in the sun or under the shade of many trees. It was very empty when we were there.

http://www.eandbcaymans.com/2Attractions%20a%20Rum%20Point.htm

This give you an idea what is at Rum Point. It is a laid back beach that has water sports available. There is not a stingray observation area (not to say you wouldn't see one), nor great snorkeling, but you can certainly snorkle there, you just won't see a lot because there is no major coral reef there where exotic fish would congregate.

Most of these tours are little more than transport to this area.

Archived