Shuttle seating for children

Bought air thru RCCL which includes transport from/to airport/ship. Will have 4 year old with us. Do shuttles have appropriate safety harness seating or must we bring our own (hassle!!!:( ).

Did a search on Cr. Crit. and can't find anything so hoping someone has been in a similar situation and can answer. We have a couple weeks to get things together, just trying to be proactive :)

Thank you!!

I have taken the shuttle many times, and I'm almost positive that they don't have the proper seating for a 4 yr. old. It is simply a chartered bus. I would bring your own just to be safe. Can you check with RCCL prior to leaveing for your cruise?

I'm pretty sure that charter buses don't even have seat belts of any kind, except maybe for the driver. (Think Greyhound-type buses). Would a harness even work without a seatbelt? Please forgive my ignorance, as I'm not a parent yet, but just curious...

On the plus side, it's a relatively short ride to the port (yes, I know accidents can happen anywhere).

Talked to the business where we bought our 5-pt harness seats and they indicated that obviously if there aren't any belts, bringing a seat was pointless ;)

Also said that while accidents do happen, that traditionally, safety seats aren't as crucia on a shuttle/bus.

The responses are interesting though, the shuttle from Miami airport or from the ship to Ft. Lauderdale will be a chartered bus (Greyhound)???? Guess I was thinking more like the short bus size or van....

Thanks for the input. No additional replies necessary :)

Archived