Grand Turk Lighhouse

Tyskie

:D So looking forward to seeing Grand Turk hoping it will remind me of the caribbean during the 60's & 70's. Does anyone know what time the lighthouse opens? I have this "thing" about climbing lighthouses. We're not on Grand Turk that long and we would like to see the lighthouse, town and then on to Governor's for a little snorkeling. Can't forget a quick drink at Margaritaville, I have to have it all !!!!!:D Jane

The lighthouse isn't open to the public, so you won't be able to climb the stairs, but there is a gift shop, and a couple of trails that you can explore. When we were there (last month), there was a gal who gave a little talk about the area (and the lighthouse). I think this talk lasted around 5 minutes or so, then you are free to wander around the area.

The island is very undeveloped (something we liked). We enjoyed our time there.

Thanks for your response. I have been getting conflicting information concerning the lighthouse. We're really looking forward to seeing Grand Turk before it's too commercialized! Hoping it will remind me of the Caribbean of years ago.:)

We did the Hop-on, Hop-off bus. We enjoyed the island. We did the lighthouse, then we went to the town (and shopped and took pictures). We also did a tour of the prison while we were in town (the lighthouse and prison tour tickets were included in our excursion).

I've not been to the Caribbean prior to a few years ago, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say GT is what many of the islands used to be like prior to the hotels, restaurants and hordes of people decending upon them.

It's very natural, and quite pretty.

Archived