Sea Safe??

Happy Campers

I've read on a couple of posts that we should bring Sea Safe with us to prevent jellyfish and sea lice. Has anyone used this product? Have you found it effective?

Happy Campers;

On our last two cruises we used it Oct 2006 RCCL Majeaty of the Seas and Nov. 2006 The Carnival Valor. At CoCo Cay was glad that we had it on swim into a large group of jelleyfish. They just moved away from us but a couple near us got stung very badly. In Belize We also ran into more jellyfish.And they also ran from us.

To say that Sea Safe works I say YES. Order on our return a large bottle for ourselves and two (2) bottles for our Daugther and her fiamly.

Paul and Rosellen

If you "google" sea safe you will find a wide range of reviews...

ain't the WEB wonderful?

I've been an active diver in the Carib' since about 1983. Dove most islands more than once, some a bunch.

Never used this stuff.....

a) immediately on exiting water - RINSE .... and don'y rub...... Later follow up wit a proper shower w/soap. But RINSE with fresh water ASAP

b) when you RINSE, do not scrub or rub .... if anything is on you, you then grind it in ... I say AGAIN ..... RINSE

c) I never go in the water w/out a skin or wet suit or at a minimum a heavy long sleeve shirt. People laugh at me .... .... rinse the shirt then take it off immediately ..... AND - a heavy cotton shirt (not white) is about SPS 5000...... (the dive masters will look down on those who don w/suits .... and then p/on their own:

a) divers who last dove 10 years ago but show up with a new wet suit....NO idea of weight reqmts.....etc etc

b) guys who dive every day .... hey that 86 degree water is HOW far below body temp??)

I get few looks from them when I pull out my 20 year old farmer johns .... coupled with a loud growl fm me if any dive boat crew moves w/in 10 feet of my gear.... I set up my own thank you/

{10 years ago I did finally stop using my single stage, two hose reg tho .... it sure scared dive masters :D Sea Hunt RULES }

Archived