Are there any "must sees" on the eastern side?

MamaParrotHead

Our morning in Coz is going to consist of a van and driver. Any input on where we should go or what we should do? We thought about hitting the tequila hacienda, El Cedral and seeing some sights on the Eastern side of Coz...is there anything we're missing? Afternoon and evening will consist of hanging at PB and doing a bit of shopping downtown.

How did you go about hiring a driver? We have a car rented, but the group is splitting during the dolphin swim and instead of two cars, or one car and lots of cabs, I was considering hiring a driver. Our last trip we drove around the island and stopped at Senor Iguanas for lunch and drinks. It is at the point where you make the turn to cut across the island. There is a tequila factory along that road, and we may stop there on our way back to town. Other than that, we just plan to stop when someone gets the urge. I love the deserted beaches on that side; just can't swim in them. If you can't post about the driver here, please e-mail me at foley.gail@gmail.com

Thanks!

It's a private van with driver, says they'll accomodate any tour wishes you'd have. Here's the link...http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelIslandTours.htm (I assume since there have been many posts about Island Marketing, that this would be fine).

Hope that helps!:)

• 2 weeks later...

On our first trip to Cozumel, we hired a taxi to take us from Paradise Beach back to the ship by way of the eastern side of the island. It was absolutely gorgeous! We stopped along the way a couple of times and at Coconuts to take pictures. By that time I only had enough money left for the cab fare and tip, so I couldn't even buy a Coke at Coconuts.:( If I'd had any money left, I would have loved to have had a snack or something there and just enjoyed the beautiful view. We were there shortly after Wilma, and it was beautiful. I can only imagine how pretty it must be now, a year and a half later. Have a great trip.

When we went to Cozumel, we rented a car and drove around the island. We spend a good portion of the day at Chen Rio. Great calm beach, fabulous food and huge Margaritas. The beach restaurant has the tables right on the sand. The beaches on the east side are usually rough, but Chen Rio is calm due to some rock formations.

Archived