Air Canada, Sacramento to Vancouver?

fud2468

After finding out that this nonstop service would begin on June 16, we were delighted, since we're taking an Alaska cruise fom Vancouver and had thus far found no easy way to get to Vancouver.

However I'm now not so sure, after seeing the past complaints on here about Air Canada. I'm wondering how much can go wrong with a two-hour flight, especially if we leave here two days before to see the Butchart Gardens.The only other issue is that the plane is a 50-passenger, and we've not flown on anything smaller than a 727.

Any thoughts?

Ray Mac

After finding out that this nonstop service would begin on June 16, we were delighted, since we're taking an Alaska cruise fom Vancouver and had thus far found no easy way to get to Vancouver.

However I'm now not so sure, after seeing the past complaints on here about Air Canada. I'm wondering how much can go wrong with a two-hour flight, especially if we leave here two days before to see the Butchart Gardens.The only other issue is that the plane is a 50-passenger, and we've not flown on anything smaller than a 727.

Any thoughts?

Ray Mac

When did this direct flight start? We are flying up to Vancouver on June 23, but we are driving over to SFO first, as we did not find any direct service from SMF. :(

It starts June 16. I had heard it yesterday from my travel agent here in Vacaville, and I then found it on the Air Canada website yesterday.

Interestingly, when I called the Air Canada phone number this morning to find out what "Tango Plus" was, the woman who answered said she did not know about the new route. I told her I had seen it on their website and she had me hold until she checked with her supervisor. She then came back on to say that I was right and gave me the starting date as June 16.

We just got back from a Princess cruise out of San Francisco. There must have been 400+ people on it from N. California, many of whom were taking the cruise there as it was convenient and/or involved no flying. In addition there were others from the US and Canada who wanted to see San Francisco before cruising. Too bad Celebrity has stopped their from/to S.F. cruises and I hear Princess will soon do the same.

Ray Mac

Archived