How quick to get off ship at each port?

mandiecandie5

Our ship docks in Alexandria at 7am, how quick to you think its possible to get off the ship if you are not booked on a ship tour? Would be great to hear from anyone who has visited this port in particular. I am new to NCL so not sure if what they list on their itineraries stays pretty close to that time? :confused:

Thanks for any help

Usually NCL starts letting people off the ship in a half hour to hour. It takes up to two hours to get everyone off. NCL policy is to let those who booked shore excursions from NCL off first, then the VIPs in suites, and then the tender tickets start by calling off numbers which are mostly independent tours, and then the rest who are in no hurry.

At every port the line cutters block the stairways and elevators, all in an attempt to be the first off. They should stay in their cabins until the tender tickets are called, it would go much faster and quicker if they did so.

Frankly, its my opinion the line cutters are worst than chair hogs.

If you booked an independent shore excursion, they will wait for the last tender ticket boat. They don't want to lose a sale.

At every port the line cutters block the stairways and elevators, all in an attempt to be the first off. They should stay in their cabins until the tender tickets are called, it would go much faster and quicker if they did so.

Frankly, its my opinion the line cutters are worst than chair hogs.

Don, I call that the "I think I'm more important than anyone else (when really I'm not)" Syndrome.

Actually I like to stand back and watch the line cutters try to get down the stairs early. (friends had a cabin on one of the lower decks once. We just stood in their doorway and watched and laughed at the fools.)

It was so funny to see someone come up, hold their ticket so that the number wasn't showing and have the Security person stop them and look at the ticket closer and tell them no. Then it was fun to watch as they scream and yell at the security officer like it was his fault that they got caught attempting to cheat.......

If you want a great laugh on a ship sometime, just get someplace you can watch those escapades......

When I went on my first NCL Spirit cruise last April, there were no tender tickets given out (that I know of). We just lined up at each port to get off the ship. How are the tickets given out? If I am staying in a mini-suite for my NCL Jewel cruise in July, do we get priority for tender?

If you are docking instead of tendering, typically you can stand in line with all the other passengers trying to do the same thing. What happens is that you start clogging up the hallways in front of the other passengers rooms. Then they start wondering what the commotion is opening their doors finding mobs of people standing and talking loud very early in the morning. Wait a few minutes and you will be off before you know it. Depending on the ship there may be 2 exits off as on the Pearl. If so use the most fwd exit. goes faster.:)

Don, I call that the "I think I'm more important than anyone else (when really I'm not)" Syndrome.

Actually I like to stand back and watch the line cutters try to get down the stairs early. (friends had a cabin on one of the lower decks once. We just stood in their doorway and watched and laughed at the fools.)

It was so funny to see someone come up, hold their ticket so that the number wasn't showing and have the Security person stop them and look at the ticket closer and tell them no. Then it was fun to watch as they scream and yell at the security officer like it was his fault that they got caught attempting to cheat.......

If you want a great laugh on a ship sometime, just get someplace you can watch those escapades......

You got that right!

We were in line last year, we had priority disembark which I hid so I would not get stabbed...chaos down there.

Security had to announce that those without "whatever" ticket (was being called) get off the line....about 85% had to get off of the line!

Yes..a great laugh:)

And, they did scream and yell:eek:

Archived