Sept Weather New England and Canada

Muumuu

How should I pack? How cool or cold is it? Jackets or coats?

Is it a rainy time of year? Windy?

I am clueless about the north as you can see.

the Captain predicts that during that time of the year at that location:

THE SUN WILL RISE FROM IN THE EAST IN THE MORNING AND SET IN THE WEST IN THE EVENING :D :D :D

I am from the Boston area originally and September weather can range from 95 and sunny one day to 40 and rainy the next (never seen snow in Septmeber, but I wouldn't put that past Canada). Those are the extremes, however. On average, September and October are gorgeous times of year in the northeast. The leaves should be in full color in Canada about the beginning of October. As far as rain goes, that time of year is actually kind of dry, but it will still most likely rain once or twice at least on your cruise, so be prepared. Hope this helps!

Yes, yes, yes and yes.:p

I live here now. Today it was in the 60s and the kids at school can't wait to go home and put on their shorts. (The school doesn't allow shorts till April 1). We grow 'em hearty here.

If you aren't from here then I would pack for cool/cold weather. Think layers. A t-shirt or tank top and add a sweater or sweatshirt and maybe a jacket. It can get rainy.

Hi Muumuu, I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia, I can assure you, because I've checked the National Weather network, that it has never snowed in Nova Scotia in September. The average temperatures is in the low 70's. It does tend to cool off at night, so you will need a jacket. September is one of my favorite months in Nova Scotia, the weather is pleasant and the leaves are changing. I'm sure you would enjoy our city.

Fall and Summer clothing should cover you. If you go on weather.com and get a ten-day forecast for the area before you leave, you'll have a good idea what to pack. If you're going the first week of September, you're more likely to get Summer weather. But you never know.

September is beautiful here - warm and even hot days. The evenings do cool off and generally it is fairly dry. Enjoy your cruise and New England! Will you be stopping in Bar Harbor?

Archived