Unexpected "Port" charges?

vijoge

A woman I work with says her brother recently went on a Hawaiian cruise (she doesn't know which line or the embarkation port).

Her brother said the ship stopped in "Mexico" and passengers were charged $20 if the wanted to get off the ship. He said he. as well as many others, elected to stay aboard rather than "pay a fee" to get off the ship to shop.

Anyone know ( or able to guess) the real story here? Sounds funny to me. I told my friend I was going to ask.

On the Island Princess Hawaii cruise, the stop in Ensenada Mexico had an available $20 ship excursion which was a quick city tour/shopping trip.

It was totally optional like any other shore excursion. You would not have to "pay a fee to get off the ship".

This is probably what your friend was talking about.

- Cindy

On the Island Princess Hawaii cruise, the stop in Ensenada Mexico had an available $20 ship excursion which was a quick city tour/shopping trip.

It was totally optional like any other shore excursion. You would not have to "pay a fee to get off the ship".

This is probably what your friend was talking about.

- Cindy

Now that makes sense. Thanks-I knew he (the passenger) or she (the sister) misunderstood something!

Archived