Ideas for a practical joke...

Bcurley

We are cruising with a large informal group of family and friends. There will be 2 couples on board that we share a lonnngg history of practical jokes with. Last years cruise fell on our anniversary, they bribed my teenaged son to let them in our cabin and they left behind some very , ahem..adult type props. Of course, I am just itching to repay them. I will probably bring aboard the same props and will try to bribe THEIR teenaged son to give me access. Are the cabin staff bribable? How tolerant are they? I, of course, have no intention of going over any line...no true x-rated props, more along the line of R plus. Taping funny (read embarassing ) old pics to their door? Help me out, please....

OK here's an idea. First, you didn't say what kind of room you have. SOOO, if you have an oceanview room, here's what MY Dad did one time on the cruise.

We had an inside cabin, our friends had an oceanview room across the hall. One day, while we were AT SEA, my Dad the prankster, called the friends' room, disguised his voice as the Norwegian Captain, and asked the friends to (forgive me for this crazy spelling.......) "Pleez close the dlapes on your vindow. Ve haf painters outside today, and they can ze in your cabin." A few minutes later, as we were all getting ready to go somewhere, Dad knocked on the door and they opened the door, and there were the drapes, all shut up nice and neat. Dad asked why it was so dark in their room (middle of the day), and they said the Captain had called and told them to shut the drapes! Well, needless to say, Dad did NOT tell them for days that it was him who called. Hilarious story, and everyone got a big kick out of it.

you could certainly expound on that idea!!!!!

christine

p.s.

If you could get to their luggage somehow, after they deliver it to the cabins, and before they see it and unpack it. Put a surprise of some sort in it for them to find, or take out one shoe of each pair that's in there and hide them in your

cabin.

We do a lot of practical jokes on some good friends here in our neighborhood

and vice versa. Harmless fun! Have a good cruise:)

Hiding the shoe? Now that's just hilarious. It would drive the passenger crazy! The food coloring is wicked.

I'll bet there are hundreds of funny things that the staff see. Hmmmmmm.

Put a "Quarantined" sign on the cabin door? AFTER they go to bed at night!

"Do Not Cross -Crime Scene" tape?????

Maybe a pretty candy dish/box with one of those springy snakes that pops out when the box is opened. That would probably work with a cabinet or drawer, too!

Can you get your hands on some of their home junk mail? Put it under their door, like regular mail!!!

My Mother brings plastic ants and bugs and lays them on the bed or in the bathroom.

Let your imagination run wild!

find a way to get your friend away from the wife for a bit, then the next day, find some pretty young girl to go up to your married friend and say " last night you said you weren't married"!!!! while hes sitting there with his wife!!! I'm sure you can find some woman to play along....;)

OR......

give someone a pair of his boxers and have them come up to him, while with the wife and say "i think you left these in my cabin last night".....then appologize when your friend gets slapped!!!! :D

Trese, you're naughty! Clever, but naughty!

Can you get into their cabin safe or the refrigerator? Fill it with newspapers/towels/clothes. Maybe the room attendant can help ya!

How about a whoopie cushion in the bed, between the pillows, or on one of the cabin chairs!

Have a great time!

Replace the straw in an un-attended drink with one half filled with catsup. In order for this to be the most effective you need to submerge the filled end in the drink!! This is a huge shock to the victim:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hmmm, the shower trick, we never used food coloring, we used Jello. Same result!!

Bring some plastic wrap (saran wrap). Pick up the toilet seat (like a man would) and cover the toilet bowl with the plastic wrap. Pull and seal tightly.

Another trick, bring a gross or two of balloons. Blow them up an fill the bathroom with the blown-up balloons. Luckly, most cruise ship bathrooms (including the shower) are very small. It won't take long to fill the bathroom with balloons. When they open the bathroom door, all the balloons will "fall out" and they will spend some time "popping the balloons".

Good luck

You could pay the cabin attendant to short sheet them. (But he could get in trouble for it, so paste a note on their phone, so they don't call him or the front desk). Most people do this wrong, but you use just 1 sheet. Laid from the top of the bed, folded in the middle and over the blanket so it mimics their normal sheet plus the top sheet. But of course, there is no where to put their legs.

You could buy some frosted glass film, preferably the kind that is put up with liquid not the kind that's sticky. Though, either can easily be removed. You could frost the mirror in their bathroom. You could frost the glass to their oceanview or their balcony. Or you could put up the frosted film and cut out letters that spell something nasty!

A walkie talkie, planted in a closet. When they are read for bed, you could scream into it "Let me out!" Or if you have an MP3 player, you could play a familiar voice or music, like mission impossible.

A letter in their mailbox (since it's so accessible) asking them to go to the front desk for a special gift. Give the front desk a scroll that says "Gotcha" on it! And ask them front desk to give it to them personally, when they come for it. Or you could buy (or create) a box for an x-rated item (you don't need to bring it, just the box and some wrapping paper) and wrap up the item for them to collect at the front desk.

we travel with a group of friends that always plays jokes on each other and one of my favorites was once our friends were in a cabin pretty close to ours. each night, very very late, after they went to bed, we would fill out one of those breakfast order forms for the next morning and put it on their door. on rccl you can put out your breakfast order into the wee hours and they will pick them up off your door. we ordered them things like a pound of prunes one day. the next day we ordered lots and lots of butter and nothing else. the 3rd day we asked for one omelet filled with oatmeal. we did it 3 mornings in a row before they figured it out. it was hard not to laugh each day when they'd tell us about the strange breakfasts delivered to them that morning.

I like to PhotoShop some kind of compramising picture and drop it outside of there door or by them at the pool. Another one I have done is create an official looking cruise document telling them that there is problem with their credit card and please see the Purser.

we travel with a group of friends that always plays jokes on each other and one of my favorites was once our friends were in a cabin pretty close to ours. each night, very very late, after they went to bed, we would fill out one of those breakfast order forms for the next morning and put it on their door. on rccl you can put out your breakfast order into the wee hours and they will pick them up off your door. we ordered them things like a pound of prunes one day. the next day we ordered lots and lots of butter and nothing else. the 3rd day we asked for one omelet filled with oatmeal. we did it 3 mornings in a row before they figured it out. it was hard not to laugh each day when they'd tell us about the strange breakfasts delivered to them that morning.

LOL! Very funny!:D

Find one of those cards that plays music when opened, extract the mechanism that makes it play music, insert it into the heat or AC vent.

They normally last about 6 or 7 hours and can't be heard while everyone is talking, but at night it' like haveing piped in music. I especially like X-mas music cards, there is nothing like Silent Night for 6 or 7 hours.

This can also be done in the home enviroment, it makes the whole heat and AC vent system a speaker for all the rooms.:D

Find one of those cards that plays music when opened, extract the mechanism that makes it play music, insert it into the heat or AC vent.

They normally last about 6 or 7 hours and can't be heard while everyone is talking, but at night it' like haveing piped in music. I especially like X-mas music cards, there is nothing like Silent Night for 6 or 7 hours.

This can also be done in the home enviroment, it makes the whole heat and AC vent system a speaker for all the rooms.:D

Reading your idea brought to mind the movie "Ghost" where Patrick Swayze was singing "Henry the Eighth I am I am" over and over to Whoopie Goldberg. She couldn't see him, but she could HEAR that song, over and over! Great idea! and funny too!:D

Hiding the shoe? Now that's just hilarious. It would drive the passenger crazy! The food coloring is wicked.

I'll bet there are hundreds of funny things that the staff see. Hmmmmmm.

Put a "Quarantined" sign on the cabin door? AFTER they go to bed at night!

"Do Not Cross -Crime Scene" tape?????

!

The Crime Scene Tape works great. I have used it in the past on April Fools Day. We put it across my boss' door to her office. It took her hours to realize it was April Fools Day. But the prank did not end there, inside her office on the floor we had done an outline of a body in tape complete with a blood stain. :eek: Years later people still talk about that being the best prank they ever saw.

We are cruising with a large informal group of family and friends. There will be 2 couples on board that we share a lonnngg history of practical jokes with. Last years cruise fell on our anniversary, they bribed my teenaged son to let them in our cabin and they left behind some very , ahem..adult type props. Of course, I am just itching to repay them. I will probably bring aboard the same props and will try to bribe THEIR teenaged son to give me access. Are the cabin staff bribable? How tolerant are they? I, of course, have no intention of going over any line...no true x-rated props, more along the line of R plus. Taping funny (read embarassing ) old pics to their door? Help me out, please....

How about ordering them breakfast in the cabin, but have it delivered very early in the morning on a sea day. Even if they have placed an order card on their door, change it not only the time but the order. :D

We did the same thing to my Mom. We orderd some smoked salmon, hot water for tea, and skim milk. No tea or cereal to go with it. We ordered so much that the attendent could hardly carry it. It soooo funny I almost peed my pants. We also had it delivered a 6 am. Mom was so embarassed that she had my brother put it back outside the room. Oh by the way the salmon only came with lettuce, tomatoes and onions, her room smelled horrible. LOLLOLOLO:D :D :D It is something we still talk about, she assures me that she will return the favor.

now thats real funny

• 2 weeks later...

Bring a super soaker (water gun) and fill it wil urine (or warm water and tell them its urine), then shoot them with it before dinner on formal night.

OR

Soak their clothes in flamable liquid and set it on fire. That'll teach em!

(i make no claims to have done this in the past. Doing one of these pranks could get you kicked off the boat)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on one cruise, and I saw what I thought was a great joke. A member of our party brought with her a little pocket sized noise machine that could "Meow" just like a cat! She would walk around the ship with it in her pocket all day, and occasionally meow it a few times! I got a great kick out of watching people search high and low for the "Stow-away cat!"

Archived