Is using credit card for S & S a foreign transaction

katgilm

Many credit cards charge a fee for purchases in foreign countries. Is a purchase (payment of S & S bill) aboard a Carnival ship (embarking from the U.S.) considered a foreign transaction? Just checking so I know which credit card to use...

Thanks, Kathi

Many credit cards charge a fee for purchases in foreign countries. Is a purchase (payment of S & S bill) aboard a Carnival ship (embarking from the U.S.) considered a foreign transaction? Just checking so I know which credit card to use...

Thanks, Kathi

Nope, you're good to go.

Also, are you still being charged a fee? If so, I would consider finding another travel friendly credit card.

Thanks, Kathi

My cards only charge a fee if I pay in a foreign currency (the fee is for the conversion) -- is that what you're referring to?

My cards only charge a fee if I pay in a foreign currency (the fee is for the conversion) -- is that what you're referring to?

Thanks everyone!

Bottled Red: Yes, I was referring to the currency conversion fee although I couldn't recall the name of it when I posted the thread.

Mr. Golf: Only one of my cards doesn't charge a fee so that is the one I use when I travel out of the country. All the rest of the cards I have charge a fee.

Archived