Weird shaped cabins w/big balconies

sls

Cabin 8433 on the Verandah deck. Privacy is a matter of perception. When I stood at the rail, (on the very back) people on the lido deck could see me. The balcony on the side is covered. That's the beauty of the wrap-around balcony.

Can you tell me if these cabins (8433) are bigger then cat 8A. They look it in the pictures on carnival's web site. I called and they said the room size is 185 sq. ft same size as the 8A cat.

In your pictures of the cabin I couldn't tell. Are the rooms small?

Thank you

maddie

Can you tell me if these cabins (8433) are bigger then cat 8A. They look it in the pictures on carnival's web site. I called and they said the room size is 185 sq. ft same size as the 8A cat.

In your pictures of the cabin I couldn't tell. Are the rooms small?

Thank you

maddie

I thought the room was small, until I saw a cat 8C. The cat 9A is slightly larger, and has more storage space. The bathroom may be slightly smaller.

As a big guy, I had no problems at all.

The wierd shaped cabins are great. Yes there is a couch in all of them. The balcony is just a little bit large than a regular balcony. We did not experience any noise at all from the stairwell. Also, on the Desitny class ships, your doorway, along with the doorway to the suite on the back, is not really in the main hall. It is in an alcove at the end of the hall, and that really helps reduce hallway noise. It is great, and well worth the few extra $$$$.

======================================================

What was your cabin number?

I appreciate the info on these cabins. I started a thread asking about # 6336 on the Destiny and got a few responses. This thread confirms that I made a good choice. In fact, I booked this cabin just this morning for November next year. I think we'll enjoy it.

Robin

He he!!! 7316 is MY cabin!! Make that, WAS my cabin. That was my "honeymoon cabin" on my very first cruise!!!! I don't know whether you'll think this is good or bad, but the cabin is not like those pictures that other people on this thread have shown you. Well, it's sort of like it, but not exactly. Yes, it does have a bigger balcony, but not huge, and not wrap-around. Yes, it IS totally private. The wrap around balcony belongs to the person at the aft of the ship. The door is not in an alcove, it's just the last cabin door at the end of the hall. The stairway door is right next to you. The stairwell is what causes your room to be oddly shaped. Yes, I did hear the clang, clang of footsteps on the stairwell, but very few times. The balcony is double the size of a regular balcony. It's nice. The only time you will feel cramped is if someone is going or coming out of the bathroom at the same time someone is going/coming out the balcony door. I do think it might have less floor space than a regular balcony room, but it's so worth it to have the larger balcony and a true queen bed. This is how it goes: You walk in the door and the closets are in a small hallway. Just after the small hall, the dressing table is on your right and the bed is on your left. The sofa is on your right just after the dressing table. There is a small table that sits in front of the sofa. The windows are also extra big, because of the extra width of the room. You are looking at the windows when you enter. Across from the balcony door is your bed. It is SO nice in the morning to sit up and be looking STRAIGHT outside!!! The TV however is on the wall that the bathroom is on, and you can't really lay in bed and watch tv (not that I cared). The bathroom door was at the foot of the bed and to the left. There is a small walkway at the foot of the bed to allow people to walk to the bathroom and walk by the window and out the balcony door. Does this help????? I loved this room. While you don't have the entire panorama of the wrap around balcony, you are so close to the aft of the ship that you have a lot of it. You can definately look around the divider and see directly behind the ship. Take care of "my" room for me!!!!!

I am so excited that someone has been in Cabin 7316. We are currently booked in cabin 7316 on the Destiny for next year. After your description I am now concerned about whether I should switch to the same cabin on deck-6 (6336, 6344, 6363, 6371). From your description the cabin sounds different from the ones on deck 6. For example, I was looking forward to having a private entrance from the alcove. Also, can you watch the TV from the couch? Please help me decide if I should switch to the next deck down. My only concern about going down one level is that the cabin is right above the Criterion Lounge.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

wyplum if you can wait I will be in this cabin the end of Oct. I Plan on taking pictures of the cabin and posting them because of the many questions about it. I booked this cabin also because I was worried about the noise from the Criterion Lounge in the lower deck.

Mark

I showed my wife the layout of the room and she does not like it. She wants to be able to see the TV from the couch. From Cruzzzza's description of 7316 it does not sound like you can watch the TV from the couch or the bed.

Glad to help you folks! If I remember correctly, yes, you can watch TV from the couch. It's like the couch is on the right wall and the TV is on the left wall. The TV is suspended up high on the left side of the bed. I think you can watch tv from the bed, but maybe not while you are laying down going to sleep. When you are in the position of sleep if you look straight ahead you will be looking towards the ocean. Now, it has been a long time, so I am telling you what I remember. I will try to go through my old pics and see if I have any of the room. If you are laying down, you would have to look to your left to see the TV, I know that for sure. But I think I said this before - it was awesome to sit up in bed first thing in the morning and look straight outside!

As far as the noise, yes, we did hear thumping late one night, but obviously someone complained or either that was just a one night thing. We may have heard music other nights, but not nearly as loud.

Windows - I can't remember which, but it was either a double sized window or two of them. I think it was just extra large. I guess I do need to go back and look at the old photos!

Oh yeah, the stairwell is for crew only. That's why I described the noise as a "clang". The steps are metal. I liked having the stairwell right there, though - no neighbors on that side!

Any other questions???

O.K., lets see. Actually, though 6451 is an L-shaped, it's not a whole lot like 7316. (Keep in mind it's reversed b/c it's on the opposite side of the ship, but it's still different.)

The hall looks the same. And, the whole view down the hall is pretty much the same ("cabin from entry" photo), except for you don't see the bed in the same way as in your photo. The dressing area is at the end of the hall, followed by the sofa, and then the window, like your pic. That's about where the similarities end.

As the next picture shows, in your cabin the bed was against the wall where the windows are, situated in-between two windows. 7316 does not have anything at all on it's wall of windows, and there was almost solid windows on that wall, plus the glass balcony door. I don't remember any large solid sections of wall like your cabin shows. The next pic shows how there is a recessed section of the room on the left side of the bathroom. In 7316, the bathroom wall is straight, no recesses.

The next pic "cabin from balcony door" shows the opposite wall across from the bed. This is where my headboard was. There was a walkway at the end of my bed just in front of the windows. They just put the bed on the opposite wall here. Also, I notice the TV is over towards the hall. In my room, the TV was on the bathroom wall, to the left of the bed (as you are laying in it).

The balcony looks exactly the same. I think it's the same size.

How did I do??!!

I think only the top wraparound balcony has privacy issues from Lido deck. We were on Empress deck. If we leaned over the balcony to look to the one below us, we could only see if the people there were also standing at the edge. Most of the balcony is fully recessed.

Great room! (And yes it has a couch.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay

We really loved this cabin, the layout made it feel so much bigger than it was.

When you walk in the door there are 4 cabinets for storage on the right. This will hold more than you will be able to bring.

There is a large window and the balcony door, and when both are open really light up the cabin.

The bed faces the balcony so when you wake up in the morning it's either an island or an ocean view.

The Tv is on the left side of the bed and is easily reached while laying in bed if the remote is not working.... Fixed on the 2nd day.

We did hear noises in the bathroom that we thought were coming from the 9a cabin next door. The cabin next door was empty from a flood so I think the noise was coming from the lounge 2 floors down. With the bathroom door closed we couldn't hear it.

If we have a chance to book another cabin like this we would , we enjoyed it better than a standard 8 balcony.

If you have any questions let me know

Mark

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi

Archived