NCAA Basketball tourney available on NCL Star 3/30-4/6?

onedog

Greetings!

I have a question for any college basketball fans who have sailed on the Star during the past couple of weeks.

Has the NCAA mens basketball tourney been available for viewing on board, either on the cabin televisions or in one of the bars? We sail starting this friday for the Mexican Riviera, but there are games on this saturday and I'd hate to miss any of the games. I'v already warned the Mrs. that Saturday ~ 5 p.m., I need some quality time with the TV.

Go Bruins!

Thanks!

Onedog

I'm sorry but the Final Four game times interfere with the midget Sumo Wrestling championships and therefore will not be shown........

Seriously though, NCL has always shown the major sporting events in the Red Lion Pub. They have also put major events in the cinema or theater (depending on the ship.) They showed the World Cup Soccer Semi-finals on the Dawn last June, so my guess is that they would show the Final Four since it is an even more major sporting event than World Cup.

We got back on the 22nd.

The tourney was on both in your room and in the Red Lion. What I kinda thought was cool was that it was a raw satellite feed so when the network went to commercial, you'd still see the court or plays being rewound and hear the off-camera banter between the announcers. Have fun!

Archived