Best family hotel in Port Canaveral?

mommyof4girls

My family of 6 is going on a 4nt cruise on 4/27/07 out of Port Canaveral. We will be driving from Atlanta and want to spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center. Can anyone recommend a hotel that is close to the Port that can sleep 6 in a room? Also, can you leave your car at the hotel and take a shuttle to the Port? We are planning on making this cruise trip into a whole week-long vacation and want something other than the Orlando attractions.

Thanks!

Thanks! I will check it out. I really appreciate all your advice!

Not a problem. I am unsure about the "6 to a room" but I have friends who stay there before every cruise and they always recomend the hotel to me. But everytime we get anywhere near Port Canaveral, we have to stay in Orlando (those kids just can't get enough of Disney...lol)

Have a great cruise! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We used the Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral and it was WONDERFULL

we paid $119.00 for a 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms and parking for the week! It is new only about a year old and very clean Oh and that also included buffet breakfest. The rooms had a small kitchen with wood floor and rest was carpet except in bathrooms was tile and the dressing area with the sink was separate from the toilet and bathtub so we all could get dressed at the same time. And the living room area had a pull out couch we had 4 adults and 4 kids and were very comfortable! You will not regret this hotel. When we woke up the morning of our cruise we could see the ship from the hotel. And the nite before our cruise we ordered pizza and did laundry it was so much fun and the hotel still smelled so new. We stayed there in November pre-cruise.

APRIL:cool:

Another radisson at the port, the pictures on their net site, do not do it justice. parking is free and they shuttle you for free every 30 minutes... we wanted to stay here longer. pics of the hotel on day one......

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/nimbex1970/Mariner%202007/

you'll love it! we paid $187 for the suite, 5 of us.

Four Points by Sheraton is new and REALLY nice. We booked Holiday Inn - great landscaping and fun pool for the children but the rooms/suites weren't in the best of shape. Our friends who stayed at Four Points were very happy with their accomodations.

Have fun! It is a nice area to be pre-cruise.

Archived