Nativeways Stingray and Island Tour

1gramma

We are interested in this tour and have heard good things about this company. Has anyone done this specific tour? If so how was it?

Also, the tour is from 9:30 to 1:30 and we were wondering if 7 mile beach was close enough to spend an hour or so there after the tour and still make the departure.

Thanks

Last year in Grand Cayman my family and I paid $60/pp for the most fantastic day excursion we have ever taken through Nativeway Watersports.

It was the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Excursion with Chris and Charlie as our Guides. We snorkeled for about an hour and a half, moved over to StingRay City and held, fed and even KISSED the stingrays, then off to Rum Point for the most delicious lunch (included) and some relaxing in the sun. My mom, 64 years old held and kissed a stingray!! There were also many small children doing it, it is safe and fun, they are really gentle, graceful, beautiful creatures! It was well worth the $60 and we even purchased the video of our day for $60. Paid for it on the boat on the way back to the ship and they mailed it to us within 2 weeks back in New York.

We are going back to GC in 3 weeks on the Carnival Legend and I have just emailed them to find out availability for the day we are there. Go to the website and email Sharon (owner). She is prompt and helpful and Chris and Charlie were an absolute blast to hang out with all day.

I have heard many people rave about many different Rays Tours but i wouldn't put my money with anyone else but Nativeway. They are funny, courteous and professional. Cant wait to go back and spend the day with them on April 24!!

Hope this helps!!!

I agree with LongIslandCruiseGirl, Nativeways is wonderful. We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point in 05' and it was the most amazing day. We had such a great time, that we booked them again for this May. We are doing the same tour as you this time, Rays and Island Tour. We are taking our 3 boys this time and I thought this tour would give them more variety.

I can't really answer your question regarding time after, as our excursion times were different, however if I remember correctly, after we got back to the pier, we shopped around for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and that left us with about another 45 mins to tender back to ship. I think they might drop you off at either 7 mile or the pier. So make sure that you ask, as that might save you in cab fare one way.

Sharon is wonderful, as is the crew. Also if you decide to do this please let me know how it went, since you will be there before me. (I'm soooo jealous)

We did the Island tour/Sting Ray City tour with Nativeway in February. We had a great time!!! You will be driven around the island with brief stops at the Goveners house, the old Homestead ( these are just picture ops) Then, we went to the Turtle Farm... I think we were there for 30-40 minutes or so. It was plenty of time to get to see the turtles and shop in the gift shop. Then it was off to the Tortuga Rum factory ( right across the street) It was packed in there... so we just went in for a quick sample and then back out. Made another stop at Hell... we were a little behind in time so we didnt have a lot of time to spend here.. but enough.

We then went to the dock to meet the boat to take us to Sting Ray City.

We have gone with Nativeway 3 times before to go to sting ray city ( with the snorkeling) so we were totally comfortable using them again this past time.

If you have time at the end of the tour to go to 7 mile beach, you can have them drop you off and spend some time there. You will then have to catch a cab to get back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with LongIslandCruiseGirl, Nativeways is wonderful. We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point in 05' and it was the most amazing day. We had such a great time, that we booked them again for this May. We are doing the same tour as you this time, Rays and Island Tour. We are taking our 3 boys this time and I thought this tour would give them more variety.

I can't really answer your question regarding time after, as our excursion times were different, however if I remember correctly, after we got back to the pier, we shopped around for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and that left us with about another 45 mins to tender back to ship. I think they might drop you off at either 7 mile or the pier. So make sure that you ask, as that might save you in cab fare one way.

Sharon is wonderful, as is the crew. Also if you decide to do this please let me know how it went, since you will be there before me. (I'm soooo jealous)

Actually, I think you are there before me, we wont be there till May 24. We are for sure doing this tour, but our ship leaves at 4pm. We want to do some shopping in the AM and maybe an hour or so at a beach before we have to get back on ship. Hoping taxis are readily available or there is beach within walking distance??? Let ME know how your tour goes:)

Cassi

cassi.shelton@att.net

1gramma- Ok I see I will be there before you, however I will get back after you leave. So you won't know how our tour was. Though I'm very confident it will be great, as will yours. I'm sure there are taxi's waiting at Seven Mile Beach to bring people back to the pier. Have a great time. Getting more excited, day by day.

I tried making a reservation at Nativeway's website for the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point but the link doesn't work. When I click on it Outlook Express pops up wanting to send the email to nativway@canw.ky. Is there another address? Is this one on their website wrong (nativway instead of nativeway)?

I got an email from Sharon yesterday and it was : nativway@candw.ky

We are interested in this tour and have heard good things about this company. Has anyone done this specific tour? If so how was it?

Also, the tour is from 9:30 to 1:30 and we were wondering if 7 mile beach was close enough to spend an hour or so there after the tour and still make the departure.

Thanks

Me and my daughters 9 and 11 did the Native Way Rum Point Rays and Reef tour in late March and loved it. We were in the Caymans last year same time on another companies tour and like Native Way's tour much better. It helped that our cruise ship was the only one in port that day so it was not crowded. Probably you could get dropped off at 7 Mile Beach and have time to get back to the cruise ship.

:) I just returned on Sat, April 14th and loved this tour. We did the reef, rays and rum point excursion. We did it on Mon, April 9th and were the only ship at the Port. I was on RCL/Legends of the Sea. This was the highlight of our cruise. We had a group of six people with 2 adults and 4 kids ages 10-15. They had the time of their life. Total we had 9 people on the excursion. We picked up a couple and their son at a local hotel. We had one on one attention and alot of time with the stingrays. This was quite an experience. We held, kissed and received massages from the stringrays. Then left and went to the reef to snorkle. This was my first time snorkeling and I throughly enjoyed myself. Then off to Rum Point Beach where lunch was waiting by the beach. A mahi-mahi sandwich. Absoutely delicous. This was all included in the $60 charge for the excursion. I can not say enough about the time I had. I highly recommend this tour!!

We also had VIP Productions onboard. She took professional photos which I received in the mail yesterday, Wed April 18th. We were told it would take up to 3 wks. This was quite a surprise to have early. The photos were excellent.

Sharon emailed me promptly each time within the same day. This is her email - nativway@candw.ky.

I hope this helps with decision making. Any questions you can email me at Chatin37@comcast.net as I don't always check the board now that my cruise has ended. :)

I am a happy person & usually have a lot of good to say. Our tour w/ them was very average. Next time I will try another company. The boat was very wet & we were sprayed the whole way out w/ no where to sit to avoid water. In the morn at 9 this is COLD. The guides were super nice & the water gorgeous. Rum Point is pretty but you are not there long enough- you want a little longer b/c it is so laid back. My lunch there was YUMMY.

The sting ray excursion is cool. It is presented differently though. The guides catch the rays & pass one around. The guides are so nice! Not like a pool of animals naturally swimming up to you. I do understand nature can be diff. each day.

This excursion had a lot of waiting for guides/boats on the dock. We saw others come & go quickly.

I appreciate our trip. I will go back hopefully. This water was unbelievably gorgeous.

wolfcathorse- I have used Nativeways in the past, and just wanted to let you know that when I've emailed her in the past, it would sometimes take me a second time before I'd hear back from her. I thought I'd read somewhere here in the past that there email delivery isn't that great (not sure how true that is) The last time I emailed her to book a tour, I waited about a week, then tried again, she emailed me same day. So please try again, good luck.

Well this was strange but I tried using my yahoo account and Sharon replied within 2 days. So MSN wasn't delivering my emails or it ended up in her junk mail box. Someone else tried emailing me at my hotmail account and said it kept getting returned to them. What's up with that MSN!!!!!!!!!! But anyway, I now have a reservation for 'Rays, Reef, and Rum Point! Thanks to everyone for their help and encouragement!

Well this was strange but I tried using my yahoo account and Sharon replied within 2 days. So MSN wasn't delivering my emails or it ended up in her junk mail box. Someone else tried emailing me at my hotmail account and said it kept getting returned to them. What's up with that MSN!!!!!!!!!! But anyway, I now have a reservation for 'Rays, Reef, and Rum Point! Thanks to everyone for their help and encouragement!

I'm glad you finally were able to get a response, it MUST be an MSN thing. Now that I think of it, it wasn't until I used a different email address other then hotmail, did I get a response right away as well. Oh well. Have fun on you excursion, I know you'll love it.

Absolutely. You have the entire menu to pick from, including hamburgers, wraps, chicken sandwiches, Jerk BBQ beef, fish and chips(which I had), etc.. You should have something you will like. Everyone commented the food was great. They will serve ice tea also. Rays , Reef, and Rum Point was a great tour ; The highlite of our cruise. The water at Rum point is shallow and VERY warm and clear. We even saw some rays farther off the beach. Sharon is a wonderful host and we had a great time with the Rays.

Ted

I hate MahiMahi, is there any other choices for lunch?

Archived