Diamond Princess- Caribe deck

candycane823

My DH and I are booked on a cruise to Hawaii in Jan/08.

Our TA was suppose to select a mini suite/w balcony but messed up and booked a stateroom/w balcony. Room 515 on the Caribe deck Its a 15 day cruise so we are a little worried it may be to cramped for that length of time.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good room and location on the ship?

I want to be away from the noise and looking at the deckplans on Diamond, it looks like its a good area but I'm not sure.

Also, is it a good side to see any view going to Hawaii?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
My DH and I are booked on a cruise to Hawaii in Jan/08.

Our TA was suppose to select a mini suite/w balcony but messed up and booked a stateroom/w balcony. Room 515 on the Caribe deck Its a 15 day cruise so we are a little worried it may be to cramped for that length of time.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good room and location on the ship?

I want to be away from the noise and looking at the deckplans on Diamond, it looks like its a good area but I'm not sure.

Also, is it a good side to see any view going to Hawaii?

Thanks

Hi Candy in looking at the Deck Plans, you as Mid ship as you can be and the laundryroom is 11 rooms aft of you.We were on the Caribe Deck but on the Sun Princess and that is a smaller ship. We were 4 rooms from the Lifts. One thing we are doing differantly, is going Superior ocean View vs Delux.

179 sq ft Delux/ 204 sq ft Superior. On second look, you are 5 rooms from Lifts, I think great location.

We were on the Caribe Deck on the Diamond last year and especially liked the balcony cabins on that deck. Caribe deck has balconies that are half covered and somewhat larger than the balconies for the mini-suites. Other than the fact that the mini-suites are preferable to me because of the tub and bigger bathroom, the cabin had a nice layout. So, sometimes it's just a bit of a trade-off.

Hi,

We were in c512 on Sapphire (sister ship). Great location, terrific balcony. You should be very happy. As for room? We did a 14 day Hawaii in a cabin about the same size, no problem. We do spend time in our cabin but have never felt cramped, anywhere. I think the key is to be organized and not have "stuff" all over the place.

For Hawaii? I don't think there is a better side. You don't see anything until you get to the Islands. IF you pass the volcano at night on the way toward Maui the starboard side is the view side.

Archived