Pearl-emergency drill

CSSPELL

Since the Pearl doesnt leave Miami until 8 PM and most emergency drills are conducted after the ship leaves port----does the Pearl's drill happen during late dinner or perhaps before it leaves port???

We just got off the 9 day Pearl, and I've noticed this new procedure on the last few cruises and it disturbs me. Muster stations generally were out on deck, near the lifeboards. People would line up six deep to check in, hear the announcements, and then return to their cabin to off-load their clunky life vests.

NCL now (last 4 cruises) has your muster station in a dining room. On the Pearl, we met in the largest main dining room on deck 6. All you heard through the entire drill was glasses clinking, and all you saw were knives, forks and spoons being handled. One guy was even running the knife over his moustache, over and over again. The entire dining room was set for dinner, and now had 400 slobs screwing around with the utensils, plates and glassware the later diners were to use.

Since I doubt NCL will change this by not setting the tables until after the drill, I ask fellow passengers: KEEP YOUR MEATHOOKS OFF THE KNIVES AND FORKS!

We just got off the 9 day Pearl, and I've noticed this new procedure on the last few cruises and it disturbs me. Muster stations generally were out on deck, near the lifeboards. People would line up six deep to check in, hear the announcements, and then return to their cabin to off-load their clunky life vests.

NCL now (last 4 cruises) has your muster station in a dining room. On the Pearl, we met in the largest main dining room on deck 6. All you heard through the entire drill was glasses clinking, and all you saw were knives, forks and spoons being handled. One guy was even running the knife over his moustache, over and over again. The entire dining room was set for dinner, and now had 400 slobs screwing around with the utensils, plates and glassware the later diners were to use.

Since I doubt NCL will change this by not setting the tables until after the drill, I ask fellow passengers: KEEP YOUR MEATHOOKS OFF THE KNIVES AND FORKS!

Mpst cruiselines have now started to keep the people inside for the Muster- this was also true on Cunard. Its safer to keep the passengers inside than outside. The tables were not set the last time I did this on NCL but if it troubles you and I can understand why and you are the very first seating that night ask them to change the cutlery....

Archived