Just announced: Boxing ring on Liberty replaced

Wish it were true....my daughter is a sabre fencer and it's a lovely sport for all ages, sizes, etc. When we were on Freedom, the boxing ring (and entire gym really) were not fully used. We saw a few people taking boxing training, and it's a great workout. A lot of people COULD have benefitted from that, but chose the buffet route. One good thing about the Freedom is that the hot tub is no longer in the gym area, so the temperature of the entire gym is much, much better. Now, if they could be consistent with the background music, geeezzzz.....

Also heard the mid nite chocolate buffet was being replace by :Chocolate mud wrestling. Reserve in advance and you and your mate get a chance to role around in chocolate sauce. For those that are single sign up early as space is limited!!

Wish it were true....my daughter is a sabre fencer and it's a lovely sport for all ages, sizes, etc.

Somehow I don't think that there are enough fencers out there to support it - especially those who go on cruises. I guess that complete beginners could try, but I can just imagine RCCL having to wash and sanitise all of the kit between fencing sessions... Seeing the posts around here about people sanitising their whole cabins, couldn't imagine them wearing "club fencing kit"... :D

One good thing about the Freedom is that the hot tub is no longer in the gym area, so the temperature of the entire gym is much, much better. Now, if they could be consistent with the background music, geeezzzz.....

Oh no, that hot tub was great on the Mariner - hardly anyone used it... shame :(

Boo

The space now occupied by the boxing ring has been transformed into an arena for both exhibition and competitive fencing. RCCL has formed an alliance with the SCA to help facilitate this change.

More details as they become available.

I think that they should have scraped both of those ideas!! :rolleyes:

I like many people cruise to relax and I think they should have listened to me and put in a "lazy river" instead of ANOTHER jogging track! :p

I like many people cruise to relax and I think they should have listened to me and put in a "lazy river" instead of ANOTHER jogging track! :p

EXCELLNET IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's think a water river flowing around the top deck in the waves what a wonderful idea!

I thought that there was a new (mini) lazy river on the Freedom Class ships (in the H2O zone)?

Boo

I thought that there was a new (mini) lazy river on the Freedom Class ships (in the H2O zone)?

Boo

Mini lazy river???:D :D

....I'm not sure if there is one or not but if there is, come Jan. of the Liberty, I will be the only "adult" :o in the H2O zone being a "tube hog" going round and round and round!! :p

The lazy river is very, very small. I think they should scrap the jogging track too and let you jog on the Promenade. You can only jog before 9 am without having to dodge people, chairs, groups of kids, etc. Poor design.

Somehow I don't think that there are enough fencers out there to support it - especially those who go on cruises. I guess that complete beginners could try,...

Boo

I don't fence either, but I'd sure like to give it a try, especially on a moving ship!

Do you think the advanced class would be allowed to move out onto the balconies (for real swashbuckling action) ? :p

Mini lazy river??

....I'm not sure if there is one or not but if there is, come Jan. of the Liberty, I will be the only "adult" :o in the H2O zone being a "tube hog" going round and round and round!! :p

Yeah, I'm starting to come around to this idea of yours! ;)

Who wants to just sit in one spot and read a book.

Can you imagine the "lazy river" in 12' swells?!?! :eek:

Wow! where to I sign up???

The lazy river is very, very small. I think they should scrap the jogging track too and let you jog on the Promenade. You can only jog before 9 am without having to dodge people, chairs, groups of kids, etc. Poor design.

I think that someone more accurately described the lazy river on Freedom as the "lazy doughnut". :D

You object to 'full contact jogging'?;)

Archived