My review for Voyager of the Seas March 24-31

We were a party of 9 traveling to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary. This was our 5th cruise (2nd on a Voyager class).

First, we had a FABULOUS time. Nothing to complain about and honestly it would have taken A LOT to make us complain as we went knowing we would have a great time.

We arrived in Florida 2 days early. We stayed at Springhill Suites Miami airport. It was fine. By the time I went to book our pre cruise room, most were booked since it was spring break. It did have an outdoor pool and a breakfast in the morning. We only stay at Marriott's so this was our best option. We went to South Beach Friday for lunch and Doral for dinner Friday night. We had a nice time, even though it was raining off and on (more on the off really!)

We arrived at the port about 11:00am and we were on board by 11:30am. It was a breeze! We all had passports except my kids (4 and 6) and my aunt and uncle. It was not a problem whatsoever.

We walked around a little, got a few drinks, and eventually went to the Windjammer. We then went to our cabins.

Since we were purchasing 3 cabins this time (one for us, one for the kids, and one for my parents) we decided to get a Promenade stateroom for us and the kids (connecting of course) and a E1 balcony right across the hall for my parents. The PR staterooms were nice enough. We were on Deck 8. They were not noisy at all. We had a limited view of the Promanade as we were right at the beginning of it. They were a little smaller then we were used to (we usually do D3 balcony) and had less storage but we fit just fine. I would recommend these staterooms, although we decided we would not do a stateroom without a balcony again. We really missed having the balcony and we missed knowing when it was daylight! We did enjoy my parents balcony though. Any questions about the staterooms feel free to ask. Overall they were nice and roomy enough for 2. The bed was great as well.

The Windjammer food as fine. Nothing spectacular but it was prepared nicely, at a good temperature, and tasted good for a buffet. We are not huge fans of buffets and do not expect 5 star dining at any of them (we live in Las Vegas so we know buffets!). We did eat in there at least once a day and everyone enjoyed it.

The dining room experience was excellent. Our wait staff, Daniella and Ramona, were awesome. We enjoyed them as much as the food. We had great meals every night and really looked forward to going to dinner every night. Again, the food was good. I don't think anyone had anything they didn't enjoy, but again, we were in the mindset of having a wonderful time and making the most out of everything! We enjoyed our after dinner shot of the night every night as well.

We went the the Murder Mystery dinner at Portofino Thursday night. We were served appetizers, wine, and champagne at the High Notes bar on Deck 14 to start the show. We were then moved into Portofino to have our meal and finish the show. First, the food was excellent. The show was entertaining but not great. It was their first night doing the show (This group of performers). We had a great time though. We all had Filet Mignon and lobster (they had to add the lobster because once people realized it was lobster night in the dining room they started canceling their reservations for the dinner show). We did miss our dining room experience that night but we were happy we experienced Portofino.

Cafe Promanade - my kids probably at 100 pieces of pizza! The sandwiches, pizza and cookies were all good. We really like Cafe Promanade.

My kids did Ben & Jerry's once or twice and enjoyed that.

I am not a huge fan of Johnny Rockets but we went one day. It's a little too greasy for me (although it does taste good) and gives me a tummy ache. We went to the one on the Navigator in August and the same thing happened. No more Johnny Rockets for me!

To be continued.....

Please include in your upcoming posts who your captain was so I can update the current captains thread!

Very visible to the passengers. Besides the reception I saw him a few times outside the Windjammer meeting people. He is very talented as well. He sang Brown Eyed Girl at the Farewell show. Pretty darn good too!

Great review so far, we also sailing SOON and I cannot wait! We have a PR on deck 7, 7591 to be exact. We have stayed in them before and they are just fine for what we need. I would love to hear more....

We are going in two weeks also. We also have two connecting prom. rooms for us and the boys. Do the beds come apart or at the perm. connected? Boys would rather sleep in their own bes.

Have fun!

Looking forward to more...thanks in advance for the review shayelle!

Did your children attend Adventure Ocean? I'd love to hear your feedback, I'm taking my 4 year old granddaughter in 2 weeks :D .

She will have a blast!

Archived