? re: luggage tags

Example:

If your incoming flight is:

Delta 744 connecting with Delta 895

On the Original Flight No., I would write DLT 744/895

Same thing on the returning flights.

I also put my name, cell phone number, ship name, sail date and the name of the embarkation port inside each suitcase.

Have a great cruise!!

Example:

I also put my name, cell phone number, ship name, sail date and the name of the embarkation port inside each suitcase.

Have a great cruise!!

I guess I'm also confused, because I thought I had read not to put the tags on the luggage until after you arrive at your destination airport. Don't the porters usually cut all the old tags off all the suitcases?

I guess I'm also confused, because I thought I had read not to put the tags on the luggage until after you arrive at your destination airport. Don't the porters usually cut all the old tags off all the suitcases?

We have never put our ship luggage tags on until we get to our cruise destination. All that we put on them at that point is name and cabin number.

I put my tags on at the Destination airport for fear that they may be lost (the tags) along the way..and only the departing flight on the tag. I believe Carnival want to know where it needs to end up just in case it gets lost (the bag) hehe

I've never had a porter cut off old tags because I remove them myself. As to the ones for the ship, I put them on at the hotel at the same time I remove the ones that the airline put on for my incoming flight.

Example:

Thats a great example, thats what I write also because its confusing. Use both Flight Numbers AA 1139/714

I put my tags on the minute we leave the house, this tells the airline we are heading to the Port of Miami incase our luggage get separated or lost, also I have never had luggage tags removed or destroyed during flight. We carry extra tags incase they are removed or destroyed during flight.

Fred

Fred

I put my tags on the minute we leave the house, this tells the airline we are heading to the Port of Miami incase our luggage get separated or lost, also I have never had luggage tags removed or destroyed during flight. We carry extra tags incase they are removed or destroyed during flight.
We do the same! Just in case they get misplaced by the airline, its easy for them to send them where they need to go!:D

I also have baggage ID in each suitcase explaining our entire itinerary, including hotels, etc., "just in case"! Phone #'s etc.

Can never be too careful, as a week or more with no clothes can be a real 'pain'..:rolleyes: :)

No the porters don't cut any tags!

This is why Carnival ask for the information and for you to put the tags on;

We had a young couple from here we met. Met at airport by Carnival rep. told to grab a cab and head to ship as the plane was late. The Carnival people collected thier luggage and had it sent to the first port of call. How will they collect your luggage and get it to the ship if you don't put tags on before you get on the plane.

That said when I fly down the day before as I do, I put the tages on at the hotel.

We put our tags on before we left our house, in hopes that if they did get lost they would somehow still get to the ship. We did not put the return flight information on until the night before we got off the ship. For the address info, I always put my office address. Call me paranoid, but I figure if some underpaid porter at my local airport got mad he could look at tags and then go rob your house knowing you are gone (too many "Home Alone" movies I guess. I put my cell phone number on the tags. Last week I saw someone put a sticker on there luggage tag with the Travel Guard policy number and phone number. Interesting, I wonder if that would have helped them at all.

Becky

I was wondering if Carnival automatically transfers your luggage from the airport to the ship or do you have to go down and identify it first? On our previous cruises, it has always been done for us.

We did put the cabin tags on at home before we left providing we were going directly to the ship. If making a hotel stop the day previously, then of course not until we were ready to go to the ship.

I was wondering if Carnival automatically transfers your luggage from the airport to the ship or do you have to go down and identify it first? On our previous cruises, it has always been done for us.

We did put the cabin tags on at home before we left providing we were going directly to the ship. If making a hotel stop the day previously, then of course not until we were ready to go to the ship.

No they don't. You will in fact have to collect your own baggage and take it with you to the ship.

Archived