Room location on the ship

travgurl

Yes, you are missing out without a balcony. Personally, I'll book an inside if I'm looking for bargain fares; I book a balcony if I want the best experience. I'd never pay extra for a window that doesn't open. And I'd much rather have an inside on a high deck (where I spend most of my time) than an oceanview at the bottom. But that's just one person's opinion, for what it's worth.

You have a great location! We did a balcony one time..been there done that. We spend so little time in our cabin spending $300-$400 more is not worth it to us. When we were out on the balcony we were down wind of smokers next door. And on another occasion our neighbors were way to loud. Enjoy your cruise and cabin.

I couldn't see cruising w/o having a balcony.

I think one of the main reasons people say they don't spend that much time in their rooms, is because they always book inside cabins..I wouldn't spend much time in there either.

Maybe its just me, but there is something about walking out on to your balcony as you set sail, or watching the sunrise each morning from your own private perch above the seas...

have fun whatever you decide.

Our next cruise the difference between a balcony and an oceanview is almost 500.00 so we decided on the oceanview.

Here are photos of my cabin:

2961840980062547426wkHmPz_th.jpg

2217552200062547426TtSwzz_th.jpg

as a first time cruiser-- I would take the Oceanview cabin. First time cruisers tend to be out and about a lot more then others- afraid to miss something.

My first cruise was an oceanview, high floor but I barely spent anytime in the room, except to sleep. Didn't matter either way, only cost me $99 bucks woot!:p

My next cruise (alot more money:rolleyes: ) is an inside cabin but on the lido deck in the middle of the action:D .

the choice is really up to you and what you prefer.

It really doesn't matter to me, although a balcony would be really nice!

Maybe next time!;)

Archived