European Cruise Port Film Festival

ottawapuppy

Lee and I have just started a new weekend tradition: our European Cruise Port Film Festival.

Every weekend, we want to watch a movie filmed near/or taking place in one of the destinations on our Med cruise on Brilliance of the Seas this fall. Modern, classic, it doesn't matter, we just want to see movies with a connection to the locations we will be visiting.

For example, since we will stopping in Livorno and are planning on going to San Gimignano and Sienna in Tuscany, we rented "Under The Tuscan Sun". Stunning scenery.

For Venice, I suggested "The Comfort of Strangers" with Rupert Everett and Natasha Richardson. (I remember being creeped out when I saw it originally.) Oh...The Talented Mr. Ripley has scenes in Venice too!

We are starting in Barcelona, then to the Cote D'azur in France (Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo), Livorno, Capri, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu and Rome.

Anybody have any suggestions? The gay are always a great source of information on movies, I am sure someone will be able to give us some ideas.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

We are starting in Barcelona, then to the Cote D'azur in France (Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo), Livorno, Capri, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu and Rome.
For the Cote D'azur maybe "To Catch A Thief" with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. For Rome maybe "Three Coins in a Fountain"

Archived