Which restaurant would you choose?

Sandi149

Hubby and I will be in San Juan for our cruise in June and we are looking to have drinks and appetizers in either the Parrot Club or Barrchina. Both of them look very nice but I don't know which one is better. For those of you that have been to both, which would you recommend?

Thanks. :)

I was going to ask a similar question, and I don't want to start a new thread.

Sorry to invade yours, Sandi! :D

My boyfriend and I are looking for a good place to eat. We mostly like TGIFriday's style places...ya know, hamburgers, french fries, etc...nothing to fancy.

Anything like that in San Juan?

I was going to ask a similar question, and I don't want to start a new thread.

Sorry to invade yours, Sandi! :D

My boyfriend and I are looking for a good place to eat. We mostly like TGIFriday's style places...ya know, hamburgers, french fries, etc...nothing to fancy.

Anything like that in San Juan?

Hard Rock Cafe or Senor Frog's ... They are both within 2 blocks of the main pier.

Whats El Jibarito And Why Is It Better ?

Also ...

Aquaviva , The Chairs Of The Restaurant Don't Seem Comfortable , But Again Nothign Like Being There In Person , So Is Place Really That Cool , Casue I Love Blue , And It Looks Really Decked Out In Blue , But Is Food Good. ?

From Pictures , Parrot Club Looks Awesome.. But I Do Like Aqua And Im Told It S Same Owner..

We ate in Parrot Club on April 2 for the first time. The ceviche was wonderful but the tuna entree was divine. I am very picky about tuna and they served it almost completely rare and it was definitely sushi grade. The service was great. We were very pleased.

Aquaviva , The Chairs Of The Restaurant Don't Seem Comfortable , But Again Nothign Like Being There In Person , So Is Place Really That Cool , Casue I Love Blue , And It Looks Really Decked Out In Blue , But Is Food Good. ?

Ok let's see.

Yes, the place is blue. (agua means "water")

No, it the chairs didn't seem especially uncomfortable.

Yes, the food was excellent. We got a "tower". It had ceviche, 5 or 6 different varieties of oysters (they'll tell you their selection of that day, I remember they had kumomotos - want to say they had malpeques too, but it's been a while). Steamed mussels, shrimp and lobster claws. It's a "raw bar", you have to like seafood to eat here.

Also very good drinks, I had watermelon sangria and a very good mojito.

The place was very cool. Waiters were very friendly.

Only negative I have the layout was a bit tight. That may be the uncomfortableness you're perceiving from tho photos.

They are both owned by the same person so you can't go rwrong either way

Can you tell me if there is a dress code in either place? We will be going to El Morro first and will probably be wearing shorts and sneakers, but if there is a dress code, I can always put on a pair of capris.

Shorts, sneaks and tees are fine; when we had lunch there most people were very casual;

Thanks....but we will be there around 6 or so. Our ship doesn't arrive in San Juan until 3 so I figure by the time we get to The Parrot Club or Aquaviva, it won't be until around 6 or maybe later. Is there a dress code for the early evening?

There was no sign with dress code posted. This is not an intimate, candle lit, cozy, quiet music kind of place. It is loud, but neat latin music on the p.a. system. The bar and dining area are all in the same one room. Although the food was incredible I do not equate it with the same clothing standards you would expect in a "fine dining" place. I truly think you will be just fine in shorts and sneaks. It is a tourist town and they see it all. If you are really worried give them a call. They are very nice, not snooty, everyone spoke English, service was wonderful and did I mention the margaritas????

There was no sign with dress code posted. This is not an intimate, candle lit, cozy, quiet music kind of place. It is loud, but neat latin music on the p.a. system. The bar and dining area are all in the same one room. Although the food was incredible I do not equate it with the same clothing standards you would expect in a "fine dining" place. I truly think you will be just fine in shorts and sneaks. It is a tourist town and they see it all. If you are really worried give them a call. They are very nice, not snooty, everyone spoke English, service was wonderful and did I mention the margaritas????

Ok...then shorts and sneaks it will be. :p No you didn't tell me about the Margaritas...enlighten me.....LOL!!!! :D

The margaritas . . . .well, they don't serve them in the tiny sissy glasses. Mine was served in a nice, big old fashion glass and it was very, very, very good;) My son had a fresh fruit shake (they don't call them smoothies) made from mango, papaya and strawberries with fresh key lime juice and it was wonderful too. We had such a good meal there and enjoyed that it was such a laid back place. Truly wish though that they sold t-shirts. Oh well, we stopped at Senor Frogs on the way back.

The margaritas . . . .well, they don't serve them in the tiny sissy glasses. Mine was served in a nice, big old fashion glass and it was very, very, very good;) My son had a fresh fruit shake (they don't call them smoothies) made from mango, papaya and strawberries with fresh key lime juice and it was wonderful too. We had such a good meal there and enjoyed that it was such a laid back place. Truly wish though that they sold t-shirts. Oh well, we stopped at Senor Frogs on the way back.

Sounds great....thanks. :D

Just received new Conde Nast magazine with Hot Tables for 2007. Only two in the Caribbean , one in Antigua and the other in OSJ. It is Planza, 329 Recinto Ser, in a restored 16th century building, which also houses Hotel Chateau Cervantes. Sounds beautiful. Prices for entrees start at $25. 787-289-8900

Archived