Rhapsody Review 3/25

Do any of you remember if the heated power jets were working on the Solarium pool? It was freezing last time without them! Plus - I love that added push into the pool! The cocktail seminar is a riot - but NO KIDS ALLOWED. I feel sorry for the "victims". At our seminar everyone waved and yelled "Good night" when they were done with their moment in the spotlight. :)

Yes the jets were working in the inclosed pool "Solarium" but it was too warm for me :( in there, but I didn't go in the outdoor one either nor did my DH who REALLY wanted to because there were this same bunch of 14-17 year old kids that ruined it for everyone- jumping off the edge, throwing cups of water on there buddies- swearing, you name it- I even asked them to please tone it down because there were little kids in there also, but they had no respect at all. So we never went back in, it was a shame- I wondered where there parents were because they were going back ands forth in all 4 of the hot tubs outside all 7 days and even broke one of the hand rails. I'm sure a lot of little ones learned some new words :( !! Its too bad parents let there kids run around like that.

Speaking of pools.....I really wish they would consider a toddler pool on all ships. I was sitting on the edge of the pool, on the wood deck that went around. There was a little girl, maybe 2 years old in a little hot pink bikini and NO diaper. She was very cute, but she came over by me and squatted and "relieved herself" right next to me, barely pulled my new towel away in time (RCCL towel from travel agent) but she did hit my sandels. Okay, I had kids and understand that they do things, but NO parent was anywhere in site. Being a nurse this really grossed me out. The wooden area isn't chlorinated :(

Thanks Did you go to meet and mingle ?

Hi, I never got anything in our cabin :( for when it was. I did meet a few at the Schooner Bar the first day of the cruise that we had planned. But sadly didn't go! I bet they were all around me too but I didn't know what they looked like :confused: I wish I could have met them :) It would have been fun, the ones I did meet were really nice though and hope to meet again!

Lori

Youa van email them to each who wants them if you don't mind. I would like a copy vivian_trail@sbcglobal.net

If you go to cruisedailies.com they have some posted for the same itin from last May, things have not changed much believe me. Firefighterhoop from here, scanned them and even got other things up, I know he put a lot up.

Lori

Our invite was in a little white envelope (smaller than postcard) with our cabin # in center, piled with all of our newsletters when we first boarded. Can see where it would get easily misplaced.

How many people met at the Schooner on embark day?

Lots of people didn't get their invites to the Meet and Mingle. We didn't either, but found out from Amy date/time and attended. Two other families at the Meet and Mingle told us the same thing. Probably why so few attended.

I thought the Meet and Mingle was poorly done. I called Dominique, the group coordinator, to tell him that we and others didn't get their invites. No response back. Also, I wanted to talk with him at the Meet and Mingle, but he tore out of there as soon as the drawing was done rather than stay and talk as RCCL personnel usually do at the Meet and Mingle. Also, first time we have never received any type of token gift from RCCL--always some type of token gift given to everyone and then the door prize drawings. There was a raffle, but they combined the gifts into "gift packages" so that there were only 4 drawings--one for the aqua mouse and the other three for the gift packages. On our December Rhapsody cruise we had small notebooks handed out and several RCCL staff attended and stayed and chatted with everyone. We had the same type of hor doeuvres and iced tea both times.

Lori

Our invite was in a little white envelope (smaller than postcard) with our cabin # in center, piled with all of our newsletters when we first boarded. Can see where it would get easily misplaced.

How many people met at the Schooner on embark day?

I never got one, I looked too :( There was, "Amy1118" "Montgomeryfamily" and me! Thats all! Amy had said someone else had come by prior but didn't stay. But then I met Hog-wild later, I recognized her by her picture :) and introduced myself. She had booked the same 2 excursions we had to online, so I saw her at Nachi Cocom also- really nice family, adorable kids!

Did you meet anyone????

Lots of people didn't get their invites to the Meet and Mingle. We didn't either, but found out from Amy date/time and attended. Two other families at the Meet and Mingle told us the same thing. Probably why so few attended.

I thought the Meet and Mingle was poorly done. I called Dominique, the group coordinator, to tell him that we and others didn't get their invites. No response back. Also, I wanted to talk with him at the Meet and Mingle, but he tore out of there as soon as the drawing was done rather than stay and talk as RCCL personnel usually do at the Meet and Mingle. Also, first time we have never received any type of token gift from RCCL--always some type of token gift given to everyone and then the door prize drawings. There was a raffle, but they combined the gifts into "gift packages" so that there were only 4 drawings--one for the aqua mouse and the other three for the gift packages. On our December Rhapsody cruise we had small notebooks handed out and several RCCL staff attended and stayed and chatted with everyone. We had the same type of hor doeves and iced tea both times.

Hi Kathy! I met you and your SIL right? She wanted my sunglasses so bad :p O remember!! I looked for you to give you my fan and the glasses like I promised but never saw you again, we lived by the pool. I gave the fan to our cabin stewart, she was so appreciative to have it, she said its hot down in her cabin! So it least it went to someone in need. Did you have a good time?

Lori:)

What kind of things do they serve at the Meet and Mingle? I didn't know there were small tokens handed out. What kind of things were those? You also mentioned an "aqua mouse" and "gift packages"? What did they include? Do you think maybe they didn't hand out the little "token" because so few people attended? Too bad they didn't get their invites!!:( Thanks for answering all my questions....I go soon and you guys are my most recent posters for info!!:D

I was thinking I saw Tigfam...but only a guess. When I was racing through the Meet and Mingle, I saw a family sitting down with name tags on, right next to the windows. I thought I remember Tig fam saying that she was bringing her kids so I thought it may have been her, but my daughter was begging, begging to go to the pool instead to we whirled around and I got stuck going to the pool :rolleyes: . It was around 12:35 or so.

I was constantly wondering everywhere we went....hmmm...have I chatted with that person? We were at table #007 first seating in dining....anyone near there?

I was thinking I saw Tigfam...but only a guess. When I was racing through the Meet and Mingle, I saw a family sitting down with name tags on, right next to the windows. I thought I remember Tig fam saying that she was bringing her kids so I thought it may have been her, but my daughter was begging, begging to go to the pool instead to we whirled around and I got stuck going to the pool :rolleyes: . It was around 12:35 or so.

I was constantly wondering everywhere we went....hmmm...have I chatted with that person? We were at table #007 first seating in dining....anyone near there?

We were by the pool everyday too! Sitting right in the water/edge of it! Probably sat right by you! I agree with you about a toddler pool- the biggers kids were to rowdy with the younger ones around, and with it being salt water its tough on the eyes for them in my opinion, heck it bothered my eyes a lot too. I saw deck security around but they never did anything.

We had late seating table 188.

Lori, we did have a great time! We went to horse racing both days--in fact, my SIL and I were jockeys the first day of horseracing. :) But we didn't see you by the pool. There was quite a crowd, though. We primarily went to the Solarium pool and hot tubs because of those rowdy teenagers in the main pool area. My SIL ended up buying a neat pair of sunglasses at Key West after we saw the Cat Man show. I'm glad your room stewardess could use the fan--that is the important thing to give it to someone who needed it rather than just throwing away the dead weight (which when you fly I understand the weight restrictions). I'm glad you had a great cruise too.

Natanni, I think you saw Hog Wild--they attended with their children and were by the windows.

Bankonus, on every RCCL cruise we have been on, there has been some type of small token handed out at the Meet and Mingle--sometimes a pin, sometimes a lanyard, something. (in the early days, there were even T-shirts). On our December Rhapsody cruise, it was a small notebook that had a little pen attached--great for taking down names/contact info for those we met. On most, but not all, of our RCCL cruises, we also have some snacks and beverages (usually tea and lemonade). On our December Rhapsody cruise we had the same type of cold hor doeuvres that are served at the repeaters party, except no chocolate covered strawberries. This was what we had this cruise too. There was also iced tea both times.

On most, but not all, RCCL cruises we have been on, there is a door prize drawing at the Meet and Mingle. The last few years the "big" prize is the aqua mouse, which unfortuately I have never won. On the Rhapsody in December the prizes were the prized aqua mouse, of course, and caps, lanyards, water wallets, t-shirts, bingo cards, and some other things I can't remember. Each was raffled separately so that practically everyone won something, and we had a very large CC group in attendance. This time, for these door prize drawings, the cap was combined with the lanyard and water wallet and I think a pen to make a "gift package" and then the gift package was raffled off, rather than raffling the cap, then the water wallet, then the lanyard, etc. If the packages had been split up, everyone there would have won something. As it was two families won all of the prizes. Not a big deal for us, but several others who attended for their first time were very disappointed. I would have really liked the aqua mouse (but I never expect I will win that :rolleyes: ), but as for the other stuff, we usually win that type of thing at trivia, so no big deal. But others it was their first time on RCCL at a Meet and Mingle and without even a token, they left with nothing. Also, the RCCL crew usually stays and chats a little with the CC'ers, but not this time.

In December the Meet and Mingle was handled by the cruise directors staff and Abe, the CD, was even there too. This time the group coordinator, Dominique, handled it. I don't know if it was his first time or what. I wanted to talk with him to explain that the Meet and Mingle was so poorly attended because many did not receive the invites and also to offer some suggestions, especially with things that had previously been done on the Rhapsody which seemed to make the Meet and Mingles more successful. But I couldn't catch him before he left and he never answered my telephone message. I went by the front desk to try to talk with him twice, but he was unavailable.

Hey! That would be exciting if I knew for sure who it was I saw :) There was a woman sitting in the next batch of chairs over from Hogwild then, heading toward that front of the ship, maybe reading something. I tried hard to see her nametag also as my complaining daughter was dragging me :D Maybe that was Amy???? Other than that, no one else was there yet. Except the little cracker snacks...I saw those too. Oh I wish I would have stayed :(

Lori-every morning after my daughter went to her kids club, I would also go tan on the upper deck....ummm...?Port side (5 cruises and I don't know my port from starboard side!). Usually from 9-11. The first couple of days it was quite windy, the day before Caymen, HOT. We had an aft balcony, and that puppy would get so hot, it would be quite painful on the feet!

Hey! That would be exciting if I knew for sure who it was I saw :) There was a woman sitting in the next batch of chairs over from Hogwild then, heading toward that front of the ship, maybe reading something. I tried hard to see her nametag also as my complaining daughter was dragging me :D Maybe that was Amy???? Other than that, no one else was there yet. Except the little cracker snacks...I saw those too. Oh I wish I would have stayed :(

Lori-every morning after my daughter went to her kids club, I would also go tan on the upper deck....ummm...?Port side (5 cruises and I don't know my port from starboard side!). Usually from 9-11. The first couple of days it was quite windy, the day before Caymen, HOT. We had an aft balcony, and that puppy would get so hot, it would be quite painful on the feet!

Easy way to remember PORT= LEFT side (four letters easy to remember :)) Starboard = right - We have a boat and DH told me this! Bow is front and Stern/aft is rear

We stayed up on the upper deck also for the breeze, and less crowded, your right the one day it was way to windy so we went down. Sometimes we started by the pool but headed up because it was to darn hot!! I had 45 SPF and still got super tan :) But the ground was like fire all the time! Whew! Make sure to bring flip flops to walk around in for sure

Lori

Hey! That would be exciting if I knew for sure who it was I saw :) There was a woman sitting in the next batch of chairs over from Hogwild then, heading toward that front of the ship, maybe reading something. I tried hard to see her nametag also as my complaining daughter was dragging me Maybe that was Amy???? Other than that, no one else was there yet. Except the little cracker snacks...I saw those too. Oh I wish I would have stayed

Easy way to remember PORT= LEFT side (four letters easy to remember :)) Starboard = right - We have a boat and DH told me this! Bow is front and Stern/aft is rear

We stayed up on the upper deck also for the breeze, and less crowded, your right the one day it was way to windy so we went down. Sometimes we started by the pool but headed up because it was to darn hot!! I had 45 SPF and still got super tan :) But the ground was like fire all the time! Whew! Make sure to bring flip flops to walk around in for sure. Here are some pics from the pool- the one with the guy in the red trunks on the upper deck is my DH Tony!! Do you remember that odd looking ship in the one photo that was on our side for the longest time?? Enjoy!

Lori

157204209_TopDeckLookingdownROS.jpg.d50def01c523ea3605c9581ce58a077a.jpg

100_0297.jpg.272a4e75c7695561cddab9ab3ceceb8a.jpg

100_0299.jpg.59a9a02366807a651fc43dfb020a011b.jpg

100_0337.jpg.c6119899e50f6683003b8f9fc0332432.jpg

100_0298.jpg.d338b2d69e28a0eb613b66dbd1b5d4d8.jpg

we didn't find our invitation to the m&m until two days later. It wa s pilled in papers on our vanity area. So Sad as we wanted to meet EVERYONE so badly. Those that we did meet we had a blast with.

We also participated in the horse races the last day. We were in the owner's race and our horse was speedy gonzales. We won the best dressed but lost by 2 in the final race. RCI will change their rules after us in the alteration of the horse thats for sure!!!! :D

Archived