Newest Dumb Question

soon2bcruising

Well, I've asked a few dumb questions already and I am just a few days from leaving on our first cruise. So here is my latest dumb question...I never changed my name when I got married. My kids are going on the cruise with us, the kids came out of me but they all have Daddy's last name. Daddy is coming too. Anyway, my last name is different. Will Carnival assume I am their step mom???? I have had this happen with school one time in 20 years of marriage. Have taken these children on numerous trips including to Italy 2 years ago. Never any questions or problems with airlines. Is a cruise that different? We all have passports. Must I also bring birth certificates? See, I'm really stressing over the details here. I sure hope this is all worth it!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Relax! Especially if their dad is going to be there. You should have no problem at all. My youngest daughter (a surprise) has a different last name than me and the rest of my kids. No one questioned us and this was post 9-1-1[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I would think, although I can't say for sure, that as long as you all have passports you should be fine. You could bring their birth certificates if your name on it is listed the same as on your passport, just to make sure. I don't know how kids passports work, are the parents listed on it?[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

I also kept my name, and I'm a stepmom. The girls have been on four cruises with us. Their last name is the same as their dad's and we have never had a problem. I never knew till I came to these boards that we should have "permission" from their birth mother. I think as long as someone's name matches, it's no big deal. So don't worry!

Archived