Any experience w/Spirit leaving 2nd bag behind?

live4vacation

We are flying Spirit for the first time and wondering if anyone has any experience with their new checked baggage policy? Since we purchased our tickets a few months ago we are allowed 1 checked bag at no cost, 1 bag over 51 lbs for an additional $25 or second bag for an additional $10. They say they cannot guarantee the 2nd bag will make the flight. Just wondering if they really leave the 2nd bag behind or if it is just used to limit extra baggage? any experiences??

I love it.

Sprit won't guarantee your bag making it on the flight but they'll sure-as-heck guarantee collect the $10 for the second bag. And it's not like they're flying weight-restricted planes - they're flying Airbuses!!!! Sounds like they just want to take your money & run to me.

I'm just waiting for the next surcharge from Spirit. What's next, a $1 levy for printing out your boarding pass at one of their airline kiosks vs. printing at home on your paper & ink?

Archived