Wow!! Cruise Cancelled

happy cruzin

:( Just opened my email and found that the Feb 24 and March 1st sailings of the Liberty have been cancelled!! :eek:

So much for our first 9A :rolleyes: !

Letter says that the Liberty will be scheduled for dry dock - "routine maintainence".

Not THAT is a bummer - now we have to start all over again!!

That's terrible! Does that happen often? I'd be very bummed if that happened to our cruise (April 2008 Miracle) since it was hard to coordinate my work, husband's work, kids school schedules.

I'm sorry for your cancellation but glad to hear she is going in drydock. We were thinking of booking her for next April. I'm sure she doesn't need much but it's nice to know they will have a chance to spruce her up for us;)

I was wondering the same thing...

Ships have to be dry docked every two to three years to have their hull inspected. It will be just about time for the Liberty to have that by the time March rolls around. Also they just do a deep cleaning and replacement of carpeting and such while she is out of service.

The cruise lines have to schedule the dry docks when space is available at the shipyards. They give as much notice as possible.

What do they normally do to the ships in dry dock? I am thinking of cruising on the liberty August 2008.

It could be pretty much anything...such as mechanical work/adding new features/painting the walls. Since this is kind of a short period, my guess is it's more likely the latter

The Liberty is a brand new ship. Wonder what kind of maintance it could need.

Yeah, that was my thought. Wounder whats wrong with her already she just came out in '05

Thanks Cruisingator2! I was sriting while you were posting. That makes since than. Just an inspection than.

This same thing happened to us on our very first cruise. We had even already booked airfare (not through Carnival) but because we had been given a confirmation regarding our cruise Carnival gave us credit for the cost to change our airfare and the additional charge as the airfare had gone up already. I guessing just routine maintenance and maybe a thorough cleaning. Hope it's still sailing up until that time as we are booked on the 2/2/08 sailing.

That's terrible! Does that happen often? I'd be very bummed if that happened to our cruise (April 2008 Miracle) since it was hard to coordinate my work, husband's work, kids school schedules.

Yep...I hear 'ya. This was a college graduation gift for my son - it was hard enough to find a time that we could all go and places that we all wanted to go.

Now we get to start over!! It is definately disappointing - but we will work it out.

did you book this during the one day sale? if so, do they give you the same discount code for the re-scheduled sailing?

No. Because we wanted to try our first "9A" we booked it back in February - before the recent one day sales. So it was just a regular booking - so no special accomodations to move our booking.

Wow!

Sorry to hear...

That just suckss..It looks like they could schedule this ahead of time and not book a cruise when they want to dry dock a ship. it's painful im sure.

we will be on the liberty on Sept. 9th this year. i hope it goes on as planned.

I'm sorry for your cancellation but glad to hear she is going in drydock. We were thinking of booking her for next April. I'm sure she doesn't need much but it's nice to know they will have a chance to spruce her up for us;)

Liberty is a brand new ship.

Drydocking is for repairing/preventative maintainence of underwater parts.

Not to "spruce her up".. :confused:

The ship will only be a year old and shouldn't require remodeling.

We were just on Liberty Jan. 14; seems early for this to go into drydock. Anyway, try the new Freedom, it is brand new. Other ships just like Liberty are: Valor, Glory and Conquest. Look at their ports and itineraries and pick your ship.

Actually it was built in 2005 so it will be almost 3 years old when it goes in drydock. Which I realize is pretty early for any remodeling which is why I said I know she won't need much. I'm not worried at all about the condition of any Carnival ship. We are going on Triumph which is an older ship and I know she will look great.

We sailed the Liberty on March 3 this year. One of the people from our

roll call had a cabin that she could not sleep in because of the noise. She

complained to the pursors desk, they gave her ear plugs. When the noise

got worse she complained again. She was told they have had problems for a while with a few cabins and that they could only be fixed during

dry dock. She eventually was moved to another cabin and given some

onboard credit. They also told her someone had left the ship because

of the noise.

I also read on the boards of someone else complaining about the noise.

Someone mentioned a structual flaw and maybe this is the reason for

the dry dock.

We were just on Liberty Jan. 14; seems early for this to go into drydock. Anyway, try the new Freedom, it is brand new. Other ships just like Liberty are: Valor, Glory and Conquest. Look at their ports and itineraries and pick your ship.

Yes - we are looking at several options - Valor, Victory and even the Freedom. But I can not seem to find another '8-day' during the correct time frame so that is definately disappointing! :(

But we will keep looking. We are open for suggestions - if anyone has one they would like to share.....

I am sure that we will find something that makes everyone happy ;) we just need to figure it out :cool:

Archived