What was your bar bill?

Surfgirl

Just curious what the average bar bill per person is. What was yours... if you don't mind sharing. (How many days did you cruise, and for how many people?)

I was curious as the prices of just one drink are pretty high. At the chocholics buffet, for example... we were shocked to find one glass of champagne cost $8.

Just curious what the average bar bill per person is. What was yours... if you don't mind sharing. (How many days did you cruise, and for how many people?)

I was curious as the prices of just one drink are pretty high. At the chocholics buffet, for example... we were shocked to find one glass of champagne cost $8.

It will be interesting to see if the NCL folks can match the Carnival folks. Here is a thread that shows some pretty enormous bills which include their bar tabs.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=521677

January on liberty 8 day between food (harrys supper club 5 nights 4 people) drinks,pictures and a major loss at the craps table not including the cruise cost.

FINAL BILL $8,527.92 It was my birthday so what the hellyou only live once!:eek:

Here was my favorite.......

Last cruise: zero. Gave up drinking. :)

Cruise before that: about 300 (we went out the night before we left and couldn't face another drink for two days or it would have been more).

Cruise before that: zero (smuggled Absolut in water bottles and hardly touched it)

We smuggled booze on our last cruise too and we still had a pretty respectable bar bill.

I remember one nite in particular my husband and I were doing shots of tequila as chasers to margaritas as we waited our turn in the karaoke bar! $180 later and we sang "I got U Babe" by Sonny and Cher. It was our honeymoon.

4 years later, my husband JUST told me how much the bill was that nite! I almost died!

Last week on the Spirit a little over $1200 for 2 of us, I didn't check it until the last day, I thought for sure it would be around $2000. Not bad considering all the sea days, there was also a shore excursion and tipping charges on it. Well worth it had a blast:D

On our first cruise ever, we went to Alaska and budgeted $1,500 (spent $1,562) Canadian for our onboard account. That included excurions, shopping onboard, daily tips, and of course drinking. I would have to go over the final bill to come up with an exact number for bar bill, but would guess roughly $300 for 7 day cruise. Most of that was bottles of wine for dinner each night and the odd beer or drink, but not excessive drinking for two of us.

Last week on the Spirit a little over $1200 for 2 of us, I didn't check it until the last day, I thought for sure it would be around $2000. Not bad considering all the sea days, there was also a shore excursion and tipping charges on it. Well worth it had a blast:D

Wow! Yeah.. that's some bill!

We were on the same cruise. Were you at the CC meet and greet?

All I remember was someone struggling outside my cabin at 4:00 am trying to basically shove a phonebook (my on board tab) underneath the door.

Drinks go down EASY on a cruise, if you enjoy drinking and I do. Especially drinking beer. I keep making the mistake that a 6 pack of beer by the pool is the same as home. I don't think it is really $25 :D

Getting a soda card this time around. Plan on using that heavily. My two 7 day cruises with 2 people have averaged $1600 (just extras). Trying to trim that this trip.

I'm not a drinker, so my bar bill was $0. But I did take a look at the menu in Champagne Charlies and couldn't believe some of the prices... so I suspected that some people's bar bills would be the size of a downpayment on a house!

I spent my money in the gift shop... and... oh.. I just love Columbia Emeralds International!

I believe that just our bar bill on our last cruise was around $1600 - $1800, for 2 people for 7 days. That probably included around 5 bottles of wine. Given drink prices it isn't that hard to rack up, particularly on sea days over a 12 to 14 hour period if you start with pricey boat drinks at the pool around noon. :D

On the Dawn over Christmas, a 10 nighter, our sons (ages 24 and 29) managed to put almost $2,000 on the bar tab. DH and I don't drink so this was a real shock. We're NOT taking the boys on our NCL Gem sailing in February, 2008.

I only drink on two holdiays, New Years Eve and St. Patricks Day. A glass or two of champaigne or beer respectively. Sometimes a special occasion will arise, such as my daughter's or son's weddings, neices and nephews weddings, and an occasional grandchild enters this world. If one of our Dallas teams ever make the championship game I would probably splurge a few drinks especially if they won. After my first cruise I have stuck to sodas, fruit drinks, juices, ice tea, and lemonade. Therefore, my alcohol intake has been the Latitudes party aboard, a free couple of mixed drinks. Thus my alcohol fee is zero.

On all of our 7 day cruises the bar tab is around $500 for two. I put the average price per drink with tip at about $6. Less for beer and more for fancy drinks with souveneer glasses. Wine drinkers can spend quite a bit on bottled wine given their personal tastes. Better for you to do the math given how many drinks you may have on any given day at sea v. day ashore. Cheers!

Just got back from the Pearl 9 day cruise. Our total bar bill was around $1,300 for 2 of us. It would have been even more but we took advantage of the 2 for 1 special from 4-6pm by the pool each day.

NCL has 2 for 1 special from 4 - 6pm? I am going on the Spirit for 14 nights and was looking for ways to save $. I hope thats still around in August! :) :) :)

Anyway this is my first cruise with my family (DH, two DS) and since it's 14 nights I was thinking of $3000. $350 is for tips (DS is 2 and he doesn't have to tip!), $392 is for 2 booked excursions (which I hope may be cheaper with a 2 year old), I am going to the spa $200 (buy one get one 1/2 off), and my DH & I will probably drink at least $100 a day with the cost of the drinks. That leaves about $700 for unknown.

I know $1400 is a lot for drinking but we went to an all-inclusive 8 years ago and it was about $4000 for the two of us for 8 nights, this cruise is $4400 for the four of us for 14 nights. So the math says this is the better deal even if we spend $100 a day drinking!

countdown.pl?name=Lostie&date=8-12-2007&image=Beach-8&text=14 night Carribbean Cruise!&ship=Norwegian Spirit

Bar bill--$6.33

I had one Strawberry Daquiri on board.

Total bill including service fees for 2 for seven nights was around $370. So...140 was service fees, 230 was tee shirts, excursion, pictures, specialty restaurant, and various other souveniers and things. Not bad.

The first number that came to my mind was about $500 for the two of us on a 7 day cruise. This makes sense. We usually get 2 foo-foo drinks per day each plus a bottle of wine for dinner. The math it looks to be just less than $500.

We get a bar set-up to make rum and cokes and spike the very weak drinks. The $500 above does not include the $50 or so for the bar set-up. Without the rum, we would probably tack another $200 on the bill.

From what I have seen on the ships, we are not overdoing it with the drinking. There are always those who will disagree!

Archived