Upgrade Fairy?

ChiroCruiser

Our family booked 4 cabins together...what is the possibility that we will be upgraded? Would they just upgrade one cabin or all of us? We are all past guests of Carnival. Has anyone been in this situation and gotten an upgrade? Just curious.

Our family booked 4 cabins together...what is the possibility that we will be upgraded? Would they just upgrade one cabin or all of us? We are all past guests of Carnival. Has anyone been in this situation and gotten an upgrade? Just curious.

Did you book guarantees? Did you book specific cabins? I guess anything is possible, but realistically I don't think they would upgrade 4 cabins together. They do upgrade 2 cabins together though. I know this b/c that's what happened on our last cruise; booked 1A and 4A guarantees and received adjoining 6As.

My 1st Carnival cruise was April 2005- Destiny out of San Juan. We went with another couple who had cruised on Carnival before.

Anyway, we all booked 8a's (2 cabins) and 1 week before our cruise date, Carnival called both of us - we were upgraded to Cat 11. They put the other couple about 5 cabins away from us. At the time, I had no idea what it even meant.

When I went to book this summer's cruise, I realized how wonderful this upgrade really was!:D

Pixie

My first cruise in 2005 me and my family, 4 staterooms, booked Inside cabins that we chose ourselves. So this wasn't a guarantee. We each received upgrades to Oceanview within maybe a 2 month period. They sent us each individual emails telling us we were upgraded. I didn't know anything about upgrading and was so excited to have a window in my room that I didn't even pay for. I don't hear this that much on here but u can also receive an upgrade even if you booked your own cabin yourself.

My first cruise in 2005 me and my family, 4 staterooms, booked Inside cabins that we chose ourselves. So this wasn't a guarantee. We each received upgrades to Oceanview within maybe a 2 month period. They sent us each individual emails telling us we were upgraded. I didn't know anything about upgrading and was so excited to have a window in my room that I didn't even pay for. I don't hear this that much on here but u can also receive an upgrade even if you booked your own cabin yourself.

Yep, that happened on our Victory cruise.

Out of our 3 Carnival cruises, we've been upgraded twice. Once due to guarantee booking, once b/c Carnival needed the cabin I guess. (We were upgraded to a cabin we were happy with so we were happy.)

I am batting about 50/50 on upgrades... sadly the fairy seems to be on his/her own cruise now as the last 3 I have been on we have not been upgraded... but on this upcoming one there really is only one level I could go up to so I won't be holding my breath.

Archived