CB ~ PS + Aft Balcony or GS?

Casshew

Which would you do  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you do

• Are you out of your mind, take the GS!
    • No, you'll be much happier in the PS/BB combo
    • Other - please explain in a post

Here's the deal, I have the Premium suite (C750) + the Regular balcony cabin next door (C752) both on the aft and the balcony partition opens to connect.

This is 2 adults, 2 girls (14)

For just a bit more - I could take the Grand Suite.

Obvious disadvantage - 1 bathroom instead of 2

Obvious Advantages + Computer in room, Dining room table

Unknown - would the girls sleep on the double sofa bed? or is there a pull down bed?

Which would you do, honestly, the PS/BB combo or the GS? Poll coming

Ta!

Yeah, the more I think about it... the better I feel about the girls having their own space to giggle in and 2 proper beds. Also, the PS and BB combo is already expensive as it is.

Can I reconfirm that I will be able to get priority tender passes for them if we are doing so, and I can include them in meals ordered off the dining room menus to the suite? (ie) order dinner for 4

Do the combo. You will appreciate the extra bathroom and the girls will appreciate the separation so they can giggle in private.

If you get priority tender passes and they are traveling with you (the bookings are linked together), you can get tender passes for them. When you get onboard, just ask for the passes for them.

I can answer the food question. You can order for as many as you want for lunch/dinner without any problem on your suite. We had several family lunches on our last cruise and they brought me everything I asked for. Just be sure to tell them how many diners so they'll bring the correct amount of silverware.

Also, you can order the cookies by the dozen with no problem (and they are soooo yummy)!

Casshew...we have done the suite/balcony combination before (or suite/minisuite, on the coral this year)...it is great having the luxury of a suite for DW and myself, as well as the private cabin for our teens (still connecting via the balcony). For us, 2 bathrooms are a must, so I would not consider the Grand Suite (plus we have 3 kids, so it is a non-issue).

We had no problem ordering dinner (or full breakfast) for the entire family using room service, or making reservations at anytime dining for more than DW and myself.

We were only given tender passes for the PAX in the suite itself. I did ask for additional passes, but was told that they were only available for suite guests, and not for the rest of the party. Others have reported that the entire family was given the tender passes; I did not push the issue, as we did not end up needing them anyways.

We have the dolphin VS/balcony aft combo booked on the Emerald for next summer; we did momentarily consider the family suite, but it was more expensive, and we prefer the aft location.

Hi everyone, thanks for the great information, much appreciated.

Re: the priority tender passes, oh well.. I guess the kids will make it back to the ship eventually :D (just kidding)

I liked the idea of the dining room table in the GS though, in the PS there is really no where for everyone to sit together if we order dinner in, it might be too cool on the balcony because it is the Canada/NE Itin.

Re: the priority tender passes, oh well.. I guess the kids will make it back to the ship eventually :D (just kidding)
The kids are minors and will be able to get priority tender passes. They're not going to separate minors from parents. That would be a lawsuit waiting to happen. Also, the priority tender passes are only for disembarkation; they are not for going back on the ship.

Archived