Carnival Liberty 6-day

karessamom

Have some questions. Hoping soon for a Liberty 6-day--How is it?? Sushi bar?? How many Formal nights and which days?? how is the food?? anything else. We went on Conquest in 2005 and had a fabulous time. Also good hotels to stay close to airport and port (in FLL) that are INEXPENSIVE--was thinking about comfort Inn or a Best Western?? how do they rate. I noticed a few that had complementary trans from airport to hotel then to port. Right now we're just in preliminary stages--haven't booked anything just pricing. Thinking about Dec. 16 or March 23.

Have some questions. Hoping soon for a Liberty 6-day--How is it?? Sushi bar?? How many Formal nights and which days?? how is the food?? anything else. We went on Conquest in 2005 and had a fabulous time. Also good hotels to stay close to airport and port (in FLL) that are INEXPENSIVE--was thinking about comfort Inn or a Best Western?? how do they rate. I noticed a few that had complementary trans from airport to hotel then to port. Right now we're just in preliminary stages--haven't booked anything just pricing. Thinking about Dec. 16 or March 23.

Sushi bar.. fair.... 2 formal.. nights.. one optional.... food good... plentiful..

we stay in ft. lauderdale at hampton inn fl airport NORTH.. Not that cheap anymore but free shuttles from airport to hotel and hotel to pier.. Just booked our third stay here.. Not in a scenic neighborhood..

Come join our group for 12/02/07.... we seem to have a pretty good roll call group...

Just know if you go in March you will encounter large groups of spring breakers. We went a week earlier last year and while we still had a good time we decided no more spring break cruises for us! To give you an idea by the last night they were out of budwiser!

Just know if you go in March you will encounter large groups of spring breakers. We went a week earlier last year and while we still had a good time we decided no more spring break cruises for us! To give you an idea by the last night they were out of budwiser!

Was it really that roudy?? Them being out of budwiser or anyother beer or alcohol doesn't bother us since we don't drink. We'll be traveling with our 2 children so looking for a time that they'll miss the least amount of school.

If we go Christmas time they'll miss 4 days, during March 3-days. The cruise that was actually during christmas was $$$$ more! Also we have basketball and other activities to contend with with our 15yo daughter. We kind of have to plan around those.

The beer thing didn't bother us i was just trying to let you know how much the spring breakers consumed. Like I said we had a good time, we only got nervous about the spring breakers because we had 2 teenaged boys who liked to roam the ship and some of the girls were a little agressive (now don't flame me folks, we all know thing get a little less inhibited when the booze is flowing) If that is the time that works best for you than go for it you will have a great time! I fully understand the school/sports thing, we now have one in college and one in high school and i can't figure out how their schedule will ever line up. If you have any other questions i would be happy to answer them.

We cruised on the Liberty on Dec 17 of last year and had fantastic weather all week. It is a great time to cruise.

I thought the food in the dining room was good. Not great, but good. The grill and deli were awesome. There is sushi, but I didn't try any of it. Go when it first opens in the evenings as the line was VERY long every time we walked by it.

We stayed at the Renaissance by Marriott located downtown directly across from the pier. It goes for $200-$300 a night but I bought it on hotwire (its the only 4* located downtown so I knew what I was getting) for $112 for the night. We did have to pay for taxi from the airport and to the port. I think I paid about $15 each way including tip. The hotel was VERY nice and I would definitely stay there again.

If you are going to book, do it now as prices only went UP on that Dec sailing last year.

We love cruising the first two weeks of Dec. From New England we always go a day early because of any surprises (snow). The prices are usually very good in that window. Of course when you do cruise at that time you start Christmas shopping when Halloween rolls around and you try to wrap and pack at the same time (double stress)! All that aside, we like that time of year and the ships are always beautiful, decorated for the holidays.

Archived